Innovative Marine Aquariums

Rodi tds

outerorbiter

I have not measured product to waste ratio yet. I was surprised how low my tap tds was. The tap was 38 after the membrane 5 then 0 after di of course. Any tips on easy way to measure waste to product ratio?

Check youtube for spectra pure videos, I think you have to measure the product water volume vs th e waste water volume but there's a step I'm missing...maybe it's before the di?

I have not measured product to waste ratio yet. I was surprised how low my tap tds was. The tap was 38 after the membrane 5 then 0 after di of course. Any tips on easy way to measure waste to product ratio?

What type of unit is this? The rejection rate for your membrane seems pretty low at only 87%. For example my RO membrane drops the tap TDS from 150 to 2 which is a 98.5% rejection rate. If you want to measure the waste to product ratio you measure the amount of water that comes out the waste water line in one minute and compare it to the amount coming out of the fresh water line in one minute. You should be measuring from the lines connected to the membrane. It should be 3:1 or 4:1 ratio of waste to product.

I still have a lot of air in the system so guess I need to get all that out first. Only ran for maybe 30 min. It's from one the sponsors air water and ice

38 is very unusual. Where are you located and what is the source of your water. 38 isn't impossible but extremely rare considering the national average is around 250.

What are you measuring with and how?

Are you flushing the filters one at a time so you don't contaminate everything downstream? You should have removed all but the sediment filter and disconnected the RO membrane so only sediment gets flushed for several minutes down the drain. Install the carbon block and repeat then connect the RO and make 3-5 gallons of RO only before finally installing the DI and doing a final rinse.

38 is very unusual. Where are you located and what is the source of your water. 38 isn't impossible but extremely rare considering the national average is around 250.

What are you measuring with and how?

Are you flushing the filters one at a time so you don't contaminate everything downstream? You should have removed all but the sediment filter and disconnected the RO membrane so only sediment gets flushed for several minutes down the drain. Install the carbon block and repeat then connect the RO and make 3-5 gallons of RO only before finally installing the DI and doing a final rinse.

I'm using a senno handheld meter. I live in the south side of metro Atlanta. I didn't rinse each one individually but I did leave the fast flush valve open for a couple minutes at first. Don't plan to use it after this though and just waste the first water when running later. The whole thing hasn't ran much at all yet like less than 30 min. I did by bypass the di canister the entire time till the last couple minutes

Flush kits don't do anything, especially on start up.

I suspected you might be around Atlanta, their TDS is one of the best in the nation along with parts of the Pacific Northwest and Canada. If only I had 38 TDS and not 600 TDS!

Flush kits don't do anything, especially on start up.

I suspected you might be around Atlanta, their TDS is one of the best in the nation along with parts of the Pacific Northwest and Canada. If only I had 38 TDS and not 600 TDS!

The flush kit came with it but never planned to use it after reading many post of yours. Just used on the first setup since I assumed there would be crap in the lines to get out. So does the low tds out of membrane sound ok or should it be 0. Will it "break in" so to speak after running some?

It should be very close to 0 if it's only 38 going in but will get a little better as it breaks in. Membranes have preseratives on them that need to be flushed to the drain without DI installed for at least 3-5 gallons so take your time flushing it with the DI out or you shorten the DI life.

The other is the accuracy and sensitivity of your tds meter, your water and room temperature and if the meter is ATC temperature compensated or not. Not familiar with the brand you said it was but most meters are +/- 2% to 3% of full scale accuracy so could be a little off.

It should be very close to 0 if it's only 38 going in but will get a little better as it breaks in. Membranes have preseratives on them that need to be flushed to the drain without DI installed for at least 3-5 gallons so take your time flushing it with the DI out or you shorten the DI life.

Ok will do thanks. Your always very helpful!

Archived