Pod Your Reef

Mad corals

Andreww

Alk-10

Ca-500

Mag-1250

Phosphate-0.5

Nitrate-0

Raised light intensity by 10% in the last 2 weeks.

Except for Ca and alk which rose a bit with the last few water changes, everything has been the same for weeks , all corals were happy.

Now one head on my torch is deflated(I noticed 3 mouth so maybe it's splitting?).the other has 6 inch long tentacles.

Duncan coral retracted a few heads.

Red monti cap more white around the edges- not a consistent white rim, more like white spots around the rim.

Sour apple monti browning.

Green montipora digitata doing amazing.

Flower petal monti blue polyps retracted.

Lobo, frogspawn,cynarina, zoas doing good.

Could it be high alk? I don't see how 500 Ca would do any damage.

Light? I'm lost ...I'm doing a water change tonight .

Noticed a dead snail today. Could that be the culprit?

The retracted head on the torch is the one touching the frogspawn. I thought it'd be the other way around but can it be the frogspawn stinging the torch?

Does your phosphate usually sit at .5? Personally, I like to keep phosphates low...but I've read a few articles that elevated phosphates dont necessarily lead to unhealthy corals...but a sudden jump in PO4 could agitate your corals...especially SPS.

are your nitrates always 0? How often are you feeding your corals? Phosphates also seem high at .5. Odd that one monti would be browning with an intensity increase in the light, but phosphates maybe are causing it.

Using Elos tests.Phosphates always at 0.5.

Nitrates always 0. I read it's impossible to lower Phosphates with 0 Nitrates.

Feeding all corals rinsed mysis once a week.

Feeding fish every 2 days. I need to install a skimmer asap cuz I'm not running anything in the sump other than a filter sock and chemi-pure blue.

The retracted head on the torch is the one touching the frogspawn. I thought it'd be the other way around but can it be the frogspawn stinging the torch?

If any LPS is touching another and looks upset you should move it and see ;)

EDIT:Changing 5 gallons weekly on a 25 g system.

I will move them and see if that's it.

On another note, lobo went from teal flesh with orange mouths to mostly orange with barely any teal colored flesh. Is that normal with lobo's?

Today the deflated torch head melted away, leaving behind the nastiest smell ever. I couldn't figure it out what it was until I decided to take it out and cut it off...the other half is doing great, so there it goes, a frogspawn CAN kill a torch. I did a water change last night, I'll do another one today just to take out whatever nasties the torch left behind. Then hope for the best...

Archived