SaltCritters.com

ac70 and ac110 overflow/skimmer boxes - gauging interest

cromag27

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I'm not sure if that will be a good or bad thing. I wanted it as small as possible. I won't know until I can test it in water. also going to try making the next version with 1/8" acrylic.

I think a little shorter isn't bad. The pico one is needlessly large IMO. But it accommodates the whole of the lift tube, needlessly.

Worst case maybe some extra slots on the bottom so there is top and bottom draw of water. Just in case someone forgets to top off.

I think the smaller back acrylic piece will help a lot. On my pico there's definitely a smaller piece of abs on the back.

Me a new AC70 with 1/8" acrylic. fits tanks with trim and rimless. there's enough room to slide the overflow forward and backward a little as well. magnet order got delayed until mid next week.

Won't be that hard now that I have a process for the AC70. the next step is nailing down the most cost effective magnet.

V 2.0 in the foreground.

IMAG0156_zps9iahiomu.jpg

I'd be interested in one for either an AC50 or AC70 once I decide which filter i'm going with, just as long as its not too thick for the magnet to hold my Smart ATO micro. The magnet would have to go on the outside of the tank so through the glass and back of the skimmer. i think it should work though.

When are thinking they will be ready to ship?

New order of magnets will be here this week. I'll know more at that time.

Shaner014

knap_123

Wimpy

Newstea

Stash98

Joey13254

Gena

Tmr8188

Bubba30

fishstiks

Sushiyum

Won't be that hard now that I have a process for the AC70. the next step is nailing down the most cost effective magnet.

V 2.0 in the foreground.

IMAG0156_zps9iahiomu.jpg

Awesome! Looks great!

New order of magnets will be here this week. I'll know more at that time.

Shaner014

knap_123

Wimpy

Newstea

Stash98

Joey13254

Gena

Tmr8188

Bubba30

fishstiks

Sushiyum

You can put me down for the AC70 skimmer box with the thinner acrylic