Cultivated Reef

Is this Pukani...?

Simulated Fish

Simulated Fish

Is this Pukani? It looks nothing like the Pukani I've seen in the past.... Sould I get my money back?

HdViknAh.jpg

ebtWlj3h.jpg

The other half of my order looks like what I expected from Pukani

EoIsIW3h.jpg

Simulated Fish

Who did you get it from? The bottom stuff is pukani but the stuff on top looks standard fiji.

That's exactly what I thought. This is a 25lb batch from Marine Depot. The supplier is aquamaxx.

I was going to get stuff from BRS but I had a $30 gift certificate for Marine Depot that was about to expire.

gulfsurfer101

Damn that sucks. That's all I can find is that aquamaxx stuff too! I might just have to go with marcorocks or billyhays and just do Florida rock. No sense in breaking the bank if that's what their putting into the boxes.

Simulated Fish

Damn that sucks. That's all I can find is that aquamaxx stuff too! I might just have to go with marcorocks or billyhays and just do Florida rock. No sense in breaking the bank if that's what their putting into the boxes.

I asked if I could request certain sizes for my scape. They said no, its pre boxed from aquamaxx but what I received was clearly packed when I ordered... Oversized thin cardboard box with the rock loosely in bubble wrap and peanuts. I got about 2lb of rubble...

9shX9ob.jpg

gulfsurfer101

Yeah that looks like some b*llsh*t! I was trying to find some nice larger chunks of pukani like the one on the bottom of your pics but everywhere is out of stock! I'll probably just do the cheaper florida stuff and hydraulic cement and build my own structures however I want!

Marine Depot

Is this Pukani? It looks nothing like the Pukani I've seen in the past.... Sould I get my money back?

HdViknAh.jpg

ebtWlj3h.jpg

The other half of my order looks like what I expected from Pukani

EoIsIW3h.jpg

Hi Hippieheadshot! Thank you for shopping with us and I do apologize for the issue here with your order. I encourage you to contact us directly any time you have any issue, no matter how big or small, to give us an opportunity to make things right. We never want you to feel dissatisfied after shopping with us.

Although the boxes are pre-packed, I agree with you, that one piece does not look like Pukani. Again, my apology!

We can replace whatever amount you feel is not Pukani or issue you store credit you can redeem on a future order if you think the rock you did receive will work out. Just let me know!

I want to make sure you are happy today and in the future when you are staring at your aquascape. :)

Sincerely yours,

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Simulated Fish

Hi Hippieheadshot! Thank you for shopping with us and I do apologize for the issue here with your order. I encourage you to contact us directly any time you have any issue, no matter how big or small, to give us an opportunity to make things right. We never want you to feel dissatisfied after shopping with us.

Although the boxes are pre-packed, I agree with you, that one piece does not look like Pukani. Again, my apology!

We can replace whatever amount you feel is not Pukani or issue you store credit you can redeem on a future order if you think the rock you did receive will work out. Just let me know!

I want to make sure you are happy today and in the future when you are staring at your aquascape. :)

Sincerely yours,

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Thanks for following up Jeff, glad to hear you agree it doesn't look like Pukani rock and im not crazy. It's also got a lot more weight vs size compared to Pukani.

I appreciate you standing behind your product offering resealable solutions. This is the first issue I have had, all other orders I've placed, and my wife, have been great. Amazing customer service is what will keep us coming back and sending our family/friends your way.

I did give you guys a call, the gentlemen I spoke with asked me to email photos and that he would call me back. I sent the same photos via email that are posted here while I was on the phone. I am waiting on a return phone call as of now.

Marine Depot

Thanks for following up Jeff, glad to hear you agree it doesn't look like Pukani rock and im not crazy. It's also got a lot more weight vs size compared to Pukani.

I appreciate you standing behind your product offering resealable solutions. This is the first issue I have had, all other orders I've placed, and my wife, have been great. Amazing customer service is what will keep us coming back and sending our family/friends your way.

I did give you guys a call, the gentlemen I spoke with asked me to email photos and that he would call me back. I sent the same photos via email that are posted here while I was on the phone. I am waiting on a return phone call as of now.

You're not crazy. Four of us here looked at your photos. Three out of four agreed with you. ;)

Luis in our support department tells me we issued you a store credit for 15 lbs so I am pleased we were able to work together to resolve this snafu in a way you deemed appropriate!

I apologize once again that this occurred but do want to thank you for your business and the wonderful Nano-Reef community that allowed us to stay connected with you post-purchase.

Happy reefkeeping,

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Simulated Fish

You're not crazy. Four of us here looked at your photos. Three out of four agreed with you. ;)

Luis in our support department tells me we issued you a store credit for 15 lbs so I am pleased we were able to work together to resolve this snafu in a way you deemed appropriate!

I apologize once again that this occurred but do want to thank you for your business and the wonderful Nano-Reef community that allowed us to stay connected with you post-purchase.

Happy reefkeeping,

Jeff @ Marine Depot

He was polite and very helpful. We both agreed partial was best because im going to use the pukani I did receive. I will definitely be shopping with you guys again.

Thank you for the quick response Jeff, A+ customer service

Marine Depot

He was polite and very helpful. We both agreed partial was best because im going to use the pukani I did receive. I will definitely be shopping with you guys again.

Thank you for the quick response Jeff, A+ customer service

September-21-2011-22-10-11-6765.jpeg

Archived