Coral Vue Hydros

RIP Sebastian's Nuvo 30L Build- Future Goals/Plans!

RIP Sebastian

RIP Sebastian

Give us a pic of the scape again and we'll see if we can help.

I've been thinking about it more and I think I'll just rearrange the corals.

RIP Sebastian

Haha! Things change, your vision changes, the way you see the tank as you cross the room and bam!! You know you have to change something.

Precisely!

It's your tank, make it look like you want it! :D

Seriously, rescaping as you learn more and as you see how your corals develop is a really important aspect of keeping good reef tanks. I redid the scape three times and rearranged corals many times in my 4g. And although I'm only doing the first rescape of the 10g now, I've rearranged corals in that one a lot too.

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian

It's your tank, make it look like you want it! :D

Seriously, rescaping as you learn more and as you see how your corals develop is a really important aspect of keeping good reef tanks. I redid the scape three times and rearranged corals many times in my 4g. And although I'm only doing the first rescape of the 10g now, I've rearranged corals in that one a lot too.

Thanks for your input. The downside of the 30 is that it's shallow and I really can't do much scape-wise. I think I'll the scape, but I'm definitely going to move some corals around.

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian

Today is the tank's first birthday! I think. Either now or sometime within the next two weeks for the 30. But including the 24, it broke a year ago. One year! Yaayyy! Will post pics later.

• Like 3

Thanks for your input. The downside of the 30 is that it's shallow and I really can't do much scape-wise. I think I'll the scape, but I'm definitely going to move some corals around.

That is my issue with the 30 also.......not happy with the depth. The 20 and 10 are an inch deeper....I am almost to the point of gutting it and putting a sump under it. Plus do not like all the crap that collects in the back of the AIO set ups.

RIP Sebastian

That is my issue with the 30 also.......not happy with the depth. The 20 and 10 are an inch deeper....I am almost to the point of gutting it and putting a sump under it. Plus do not like all the crap that collects in the back of the AIO set ups.

That's what I meant. Deep. Not shallow.

On a side note, my betta has been working on a bubble nest all day.

That's what I meant. Deep. Not shallow.

On a side note, my betta has been working on a bubble nest all day.

Yes I knew that one ;) I like the 13" height on it.

reeferbrownies

Today is the tank's first birthday! I think. Either now or sometime within the next two weeks for the 30. But including the 24, it broke a year ago. One year! Yaayyy! Will post pics later.

I think that qualifies you for TOTM yayy

• Like 1

Hooray Nick and happy birthday to your tank!

• 3 weeks later...
RIP Sebastian

Thanks for showing me the 30L index nick. It should help with future inspirations for my tank.

Sure thing. Sorry I didn't notice your post until now. It's kinda dusty in here. :unsure:

Anywho, if you didn't know, my parents are putting new carpet in. So, I have to move both of my tanks. Once the new countertop in, I'll have to move my Betta, too. I came up with a list of goals/plans for the tank. Here it is!

Goals Within the Next Month or Two:

1. Move and Drain Safely

2. Return PJ and Orchestriped Cardinalfish

3. Add More Sand and Crushed Coral

4. Rescape

4. Purchase Captive-Bred Pair of Yasha Gobies with Pistol Shrimp

5. Once Tank is Put Back, Get Cal/Alk/Mag Under Control and Add Dosing Pump

6. Maybe Add a Mangrove or Two

Goals Within the Next Year:

1. Ensure Proper Health and Growth of Fish and Corals

2. Sell/Trade/Give Away Corals I No Longer Want

3. Add More SPS

4. Utilize Dave's Nanobox Trade-In Program

5. Add an Apex Controller

6. Maybe Try Some KZ LPS Color Stuff

Goals Before I Go to College:

1. UPGRADE!!!!! (RSR 170, CAD Lights 45 Shallow, or Deep Blue 55 w/ Tank, Stand, and Canopy)

2. AUTOMATE!!!!! I Need to Make it as Simple as Possible.

• Like 2
RIP Sebastian

Goodluck with the tank transfer RIP Sebastian. Hopefully everyone makes it thru ok!

Tank looks great, i will be following along :)

Thanks! The tank has been kinda neglected due to school, so I won't post pics until the weekend. It'll get a nice scrubbing when I need to move it, too. :)