Cultivated Reef

Protein Skimmer is bubbling over the roof!

G-villeDel

I know it's late, but I'd love to wake up to an answer. I have a Reef Octopus Skimmer and it is bubbling way too much! I've tried unplugging it and plugging it back in but that doesn't do anything. I'm really worried that it'll mess up my tank. Can someone please help me out?! Thanks in advance

I know it's late, but I'd love to wake up to an answer. I have a Reef Octopus Skimmer and it is bubbling way too much! I've tried unplugging it and plugging it back in but that doesn't do anything. I'm really worried that it'll mess up my tank. Can someone please help me out?! Thanks in advance

You need to adjust the water level in the neck of the skimmer lower. Ot sure how as that depends on the type of reef octopus you have.

How would I adjust the water level?

It really depends on the type of skimmer it is,they all have different ways pending type and model. Do you have instructions? Or model name?
CronicReefer

The valve on the skimmer most likely needs to be adjusted. It should allow water to flow out of it you just have to find the rate at which is necessary for the water level in your sump. It needs a water level of between 6-8" so you will need to adjust that as well by either raising/lowering the volume of water in your sump or by raising/lowering the protein skimmer by setting it on top of a flat surface to support it.

The valve on the skimmer most likely needs to be adjusted. It should allow water to flow out of it you just have to find the rate at which is necessary for the water level in your sump. It needs a water level of between 6-8" so you will need to adjust that as well by either raising/lowering the volume of water in your sump or by raising/lowering the protein skimmer by setting it on top of a flat surface to support it.

Thank you guys so much. It worked! All I needed to do was lower the water level

Archived