ReefCleaners.org

Newstead's SCA 75 - new pics

Newstead

Still deciding about the Apex, but will definitely put the adaptor on the list.

Right now just spazzing out looking at all this and wondering what in the world I have gotten us into!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now just spazzing out looking at all this and wondering what in the world I have gotten us into!

You've gotten yourself into a whole lot of awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you still going with an Apex? If so pickup the Jebao adapter to control the RW-8 with it.

Yip i couldn't agree more get the adapter! its great being able to control it from the apex. If you need a hand with the apex sing out.

Only 3 weeks after delivery, cabinet spazz out, nuking the temp 10 gal with paint fumes and figuring out how to hang light... I have read 876 articles and forum posts, watched 453 YouTube videos on plumbing herbie drains, played with included plumbing parts for 97 hours, before waving the white flag and calling the wonderful guys at our local LFS, Nemo's Reef ;-). They're coming out tomorrow so hopefully we will be able to get water in and actually walk in our den!

Only 3 weeks after delivery, cabinet spazz out, nuking the temp 10 gal with paint fumes and figuring out how to hang light... I have read 876 articles and forum posts, watched 453 YouTube videos on plumbing herbie drains, played with included plumbing parts for 97 hours, before waving the white flag and calling the wonderful guys at our local LFS, Nemo's Reef ;-). They're coming out tomorrow so hopefully we will be able to get water in and actually walk in our den!

:lol:

This cracked me UP!

I feel your pain! Hopefully all goes well tomorrow!

I feel your pain! Hopefully all goes well tomorrow!

This was a much nicer response than mine about cracking up. I definitely feel your pain as well :)

:lol:

This cracked me UP!

And sadly true. I admire all of you who take on the plumbing yourselves! Decided it would be cheaper in the long run to hire them to come out than to pay for new floors and 100s of hours of therapy.

And sadly true. I admire all of you who take on the plumbing yourselves! Decided it would be cheaper in the long run to hire them to come out than to pay for new floors and 100s of hours of therapy.

I think I probably still need therapy after doing the plumbing on my tank :0) Vlangel was a huge help as were others.

Plumbing honestly still terrifies me! I know how to hard plumb but have never had the nerve to do it because it must be precise. So I get out my trusty hose clamps, flex tubing and screwdrivers and go to town.

Plumbing honestly still terrifies me! I know how to hard plumb but have never had the nerve to do it because it must be precise. So I get out my trusty hose clamps, flex tubing and screwdrivers and go to town.

I *almost* tried with the clamps and flexible hoses that were included. But I kept reading about gate valves and unions and o-rings and unicorns and just got more confused. If I had a parts list and literal step by step directions with measurements, maybe ... but when I started fixing a drink just to watch the plumbing videos, my husband took the bottle away and drove me to Nemo's .... mwuhahaha.

Yes when the stress starts to outweigh the fun and joy its time to try a new tactic! Sounds like you and your husband made a good choice. We don't want our fish tanks to drive us to drinking! Ha ha!!!

Yes when the stress starts to outweigh the fun and joy its time to try a new tactic! Sounds like you and your husband made a good choice. We don't want our fish tanks to drive us to drinking! Ha ha!!!

Amen. I love to relax by watching my tank. I know one day this one will be relaxing - but it was just getting overwhelming trying to make sure the plumbing was done right when I have never done even small plumbing. Cannot wait for it to be cycling so I can enjoy planning the stocking!

Nemo's Reef, I've only been to their new store twice but I love it. Clean, polished looking store, many people to help you and they answer so many questions and beautiful fish and corals. I wish I lived closer just to pop in here & there. And that dog, he's so friendly. And that Greek place, or is Mediterranean? nearby, Oh my gosh it's so good.

No plumbing yet, the Nemo guys just couldn't make it yesterday after getting backed up on another job, but rescheduled us for Tuesday. With the help of friends we did get the tank on the cabinet so one giant box out at least.

This thing looks so much bigger than I had thought - the den is large but it will definitely be the focal point!

Nemo's Reef, I've only been to their new store twice but I love it. Clean, polished looking store, many people to help you and they answer so many questions and beautiful fish and corals. I wish I lived closer just to pop in here & there. And that dog, he's so friendly. And that Greek place, or is Mediterranean? nearby, Oh my gosh it's so good.

Mediterranean! The baba ghanoush is to die for.

We always bring a biscuit for Nemo (the dog). She is a sweetheart.

I have visited 2 other LFS in the area and was appalled at the dirty tanks. Nemo's tanks are always spotless!

Mediterranean! The baba ghanoush is to die for.

We always bring a biscuit for Nemo (the dog). She is a sweetheart.

I have visited 2 other LFS in the area and was appalled at the dirty tanks. Nemo's tanks are always spotless!

Oh my I know. Whatever I had there was so flavorful. Ha. I didn't know that was how they named him.

nice! i just got my SCA 90 gallon today! was soooo tempted by the 75. the 90 is the same foot print only 4" taller. I think the 75 was a good choice for you tho.

i'll be fallowing along...good luck with the plumping.

And I made the husband's one week deadline!

Hey Newstead, I ordered a sca 75 and I am trying to figure out the standard plumbing sizes. Did you special order it with all 1" bulkeads\holes or is that the way it comes standard? Thanks!

Plumbing done, thanks to Kevin from Nemo's Reef... and believe me, it wouldn't have been done without him. Turned out our cabinet must have been made for the previous 2 hole version instead our 3 hole version - the outer 2 holes were partially covered by the top of the cabinet. Kevin had to drill up through the cabinet. Great local LFS guys - priceless!!!

Archived