ReefCleaners.org

Hydor 100gph in Fluval Spec V (installed)

Travisgause

After about an hour of modifying this little pump I finally got it to fit in the back area (not sure what it's called) of my tank. I had to basically trim the "flow control" all the way off. This was not an issue because I am running it wide open. I had to be careful and leave the nipple for the impeller shaft support. The stock silicone tube was a perfect fit also. The difference in flow is very noticeable and a good thing. I think it will help with O2 exchange at the surface as there is some turbulence now. So in love with this little tank, now if only my lights would show up........

post-90094-0-46261900-1451522719_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can we see a picture of it installed? I'm considering upgrading on my Evo 5, which is basically the same tank. On the Evo I believe the pump was improved to 80gph, but I'd still like to see my options.

Cant really show it on mine as it is the bottom of the sump with a 1/2" hose going to the outlet near the top. Just posted a video in the beginners section asking some opinion on if it is enough.

The 160 fits as well if you take the back cover off. I think the stock one is 80GPH anyway so go as big as you can.

Have you done this? Can we see a pic of yours?

Have you done this? Can we see a pic of yours?

Will be breaking it down to upgrade shortly to a Mr Aqua 17.1. Ill take some pics and post in my thread. My main movement is the rw-4. Nice wave effect.

Archived