Pod Your Reef

Moai of the Sea!

Sk8n Reefer

I can't remember. Did you get the new hybrid? How do you like it??

Tracking says it's on the truck for delivery ? should come today! I'll post up pics once I get it mounted.

• Like 1

Hooray, new tank thread!! :happydance:

Hahaha! Thanks Kimberbee.............it's moving along.......slowly but surely ?. I need to figure this scaping out- not what I was expecting working with this EMarco mortar ?

Ps- Lisa's been using the bag you made but she won't let me take a pic ?

• Like 2

Got some initial scaping done ?. Trying to make an area in the middle bottom for caps and encrusting Monti's. Got a sturdy bridge in place- it's not touch the back wall so there is still some good flow. Smaller rocks are lifting some bigger pieces off the sand. Still a few larger rocks in the Nuvo and looking at those caps - they're gonna fill up the bottom quickly. Should fun transferring everyone over.

c0e7bceef9ca5aa1aa1ff646e7cd23df_zpsxqqu

Got a few pieces curing under the wet newspaper and then mortar them together for another bridge structure ?

aa233e107657aab064755b9bbdd6b85e_zps98xn

• Like 9

Good stuff! This is going to be an epic tank.

Thanks Dawn! It's getting there- I am happy with how the scape turned out. Got my bonded rock into a water container and should go in the tank later today ?

• Like 1
Marc.The.Shark

Lookin pretty snazzy buddy! Can't wait to see the finished scape, love the 1st arch. I just ordered some dry rock from reef cleaners myself, chucked the whole rock out of the water idea and will get a screen top. Want some cool fish & scared of picking them up off the floor! Lol. Think I'm just going to putty my scape together again if i can make it work, has worked well for me in the past with dry. We'll see......if not, might have to try some of that cement shit you got, seems like too much work for me tho, I'm lazy!!! Lol

• Like 1

Wow, Scott! LOVE the scape and the light looks GREAT! I cannot wait to see all your stuff moved over into the 50 :happydance:

What does Lisa think? Does she love it?

• Like 1

Lookin pretty snazzy buddy! Can't wait to see the finished scape, love the 1st arch. I just ordered some dry rock from reef cleaners myself, chucked the whole rock out of the water idea and will get a screen top. Want some cool fish & scared of picking them up off the floor! Lol. Think I'm just going to putty my scape together again if i can make it work, has worked well for me in the past with dry. We'll see......if not, might have to try some of that cement shit you got, seems like too much work for me tho, I'm lazy!!! Lol

Thanks man! Ya I did it all *ss backwards - dry rock would be the way to do it with the EMarco. I thought I would pull the rock out mortar it, wet it again and cover it and get it back into the water in an hr- NOT. Wasn't strong enough for moving until a few hrs. So I needed the water bath etc....in the end I just removed a large plate rock and broke it into pieces and put them together. It was solid and not porous- all my other rock had some brittles stars etc. all in them so I didn't want to pull them out for an extended time.

I say go for it- it's really not a lot of work and you could really go crazy with it if you wanted too

Wow, Scott! LOVE the scape and the light looks GREAT! I cannot wait to see all your stuff moved over into the 50 :happydance:

What does Lisa think? Does she love it?

I know I am getting edgy ? I might move a Stylo over today! Don't want to do the big move- I travel for the next two weeks and back on the weekends so I want to be around during the week when I transfer most of the coral..........................see how I set that up to drag my feet on the transfer ?. True though I need to see how the tank reacts then I have to decide when the doser goes over to the 50gal. Hoping today to hang the light, clean up the area around the tank and maybe transfer a few corals ?. Now that'd be a fun day!

Still got a mess going! Have another arch in the bath curing then I'll place it in the tank later today ?

4d00c6c686f63590423c7bdf111d4d8a_zpsbt9z

• Like 1

Killer scape and light. I am a big fan of arches =P

Thanks, just finished mortaring another one together ?Placed in the tank and doing a little rearranging - pics soon!

Killer scape and light. I am a big fan of arches =P

Alright-to the right is the rock I used the EMarco on- didn't do much just built a little arch. It's pretty cool stuff just didn't have any dry rock to work with but I am stoked on the new scape- it will change slight when some additional rock comes over form the Nuvo.

I like how you can see the Nuvo in the reflection ?

29a8961870578c58e7163b77a5a6309b_zpsaxtn

Gonna pick a few corals to transfer over today..........seems like a Stylo day ?

• Like 7

Some pics from today- my not quite a frag frags

Encrusting red Monti

B8LgVdR.jpg

Purple rimmed green cap

RPAvR4b.jpg

Spongode- not sure where it will end up yet

Gf0A7jh.jpg

FTS shot. Did a 15gal. w/c and shut off the GFO reactor for a bit.

VM52vqt.jpg

• Like 5

Some pics from today- my not quite a frag frags

Encrusting red Monti

B8LgVdR.jpg

Purple rimmed green cap

RPAvR4b.jpg

Spongode- not sure where it will end up yet

Gf0A7jh.jpg

FTS shot. Did a 15gal. w/c and shut off the GFO reactor for a bit.

VM52vqt.jpg

Loving it! How are you liking the Gyre?

• Like 1

Loving it! How are you liking the Gyre?

It's awesome and moves the water really well. I haven't played with settings much just running constant flow at 50%. I need to play with placement too but I like it on the black back wall cause it's not as noticeable as the sides.

• Like 1

you need to get one of those little statues planted somewhere in the tank, or cave one out of reef rock(dry) and place inside.

Hahaha- tried that- it just didn't look right. It'd be cool if an encrusting Monti would cover it though ?

This tank is looking good! That light is awesome.

Hey man thanks! Ya, I am hoping to get it hung this morning ?

• Like 1

Hahaha- tried that- it just didn't look right. It'd be cool if an encrusting Monti would cover it though

Hey man thanks! Ya, I am hoping to get it hung this morning

A cyphastrea would work too! They grow all around, not just in the light :)

• Like 1