SaltCritters.com

Sean.G's Reefer Nano

Sean.G

Alright I finally left the realm of pico-reef (a disaster for me) and have a proper "Nano" size tank!

The tank in question is a Red Sea Reefer Nano. It is a 21 gallon(77L) Display with a 7 gallon(28L) sump all pre-drilled and plumbed into the cabinet. I was very fortune to have gotten this as a gift and have been adding stuff (equipment and livestock) to it over the past 2 months.

As far as the tank goes I have no complaints other then the gravity feed ATO being a bit tricky to figure out. I still am not sure if it is functioning as it is supposed to but the salinity appears to be relatively stable so suites me.

Pictures

http://imgur.com/a/pEXm3

Current Equipment

• Reefer Nano Tank and sump
  • BRS RODI+TDS meter
  • Orbit Marine pro LED (are these lights good enough for sps?)
  • Basic water parameter testing
  • Reef Crystals salt
  • heater, pump power-head all that jazz
  • Skimmer Obtained forgot the model

Livestock

Fish & Inverts

• 2 Ocellaris clowns
  • 1 Mandarin Goby
  • 1 Bar goby
  • 1Cleaner Shrimp
  • 1 Tiger Conch
  • 3 Astrea Snails
  • 4 Nassarius Snails

Corals

• Duncan
  • Orang Ricordia
  • Haryblue mushroom
  • Tiny green mushroom
  • Purple/blue Mushrooms
  • Tri-color Acan
  • maximini nem
  • pompom zenia
  • grean toadstool leather

Right now all of my corals are fairly small frags since they are cheaper and I don't have all the equipment I want yet.

FTS 12/24/2015

JdzDRlV.jpg

Please leave any comment or suggestions, I am currently trying to find a decent skimmer and better lighting.

Just got back from the store a bit ago with a bunch of new corals. Got them all in the tank and they look pissed. The lights are also out so that might be part of it. Will get some pictures tomorrow or once they decide to open up a bit.

Also any recommendations for a skimmer? I'm having trouble finding one that will work well in the tank since the water depth is 8" and all the skimmers I have considered say they need 9.5 or more usually. Looking to spend around $200 or less.

• 6 months later...

Been for ever since I updated anything, this always happens with me. My tank had some lame times but its been doing good for a few months so I am starting to get some corals again. Just got back from ORE (Oregon Reef Expo), it was small since its the first year and its Oregon but I had fun.

I got some really cool Zoa frags for super cheap. Around 50-75 polyps if I had to guess for $20, on three separate plugs. Maybe 3-4 different Zoas. Cheapest I have ever seen someone selling Zoas for. The last time I got Zoas I got maybe 5 polyps for $15 so this was an easy purchase for me. Also got a Rock Flower nem, and a birds nest to try my hand at an easy SPS.

Will update with pics probably tomorrow once everything opens up, although most of them are opening even in the "night" mode on my LEDs.

Pictures aren't the greatest but here are a few. I am gonna try and get some better pick another day because these ones are bad focus and the color is off.

Some of the Zoas, Duncan and a closed up Toadstool Leather. He smeems to only ever be open for a day or two then he sheds again.

BZaFQVw.jpg

Cleaner shrimp and some more Zoas

CCVhPFx.jpg

Side shot of the tank, Maximin nem, birdsnest, the Zoas, and HAIR ALGAE.

DhTnfnf.jpg

Archived