SaltCritters.com

Toadstool rotting?

Tk97

My toadstool was looking fine until about a week and a half ago it stopped opening. At first I thought it was just its normal "shedding" but I noticed what looked like rotting along the side of it and a small hole in the cap. Any suggestions on what to do? Im thinking about just cutting away the affected area

The hole in the cap was caused by a tiny pebble sitting on the cap for a while, Im in my first year of college and for the first year i cant bring up my tank so my parents were taking care of it

post-87031-0-13203800-1450835237_thumb.jpg

post-87031-0-38000200-1450835237_thumb.jpg

My toadstool was looking fine until about a week and a half ago it stopped opening. At first I thought it was just its normal "shedding" but I noticed what looked like rotting along the side of it and a small hole in the cap. Any suggestions on what to do? Im thinking about just cutting away the affected area

The hole in the cap was caused by a tiny pebble sitting on the cap for a while, Im in my first year of college and for the first year i cant bring up my tank so my parents were taking care of it

I had the exact same thing happen years ago. A worm chewed right through the base, up dead center of the "trunk" and out the top. There was a small sandy tube leading up to the base of the toadstool. I sliced mine up and made a few small ones....they heal just fine. Sliced into sections the entire way down...a perfect hole down the center that the worm ate out.

Archived