inTank Media Baskets

Naso Tang, how big do I have to go?

gus6464

IMO that'll be a good size, better than a 180 as it can swim in circles more easily.

They can get around 15 inches, but that'll most likely not happen, it'll probably max out at 10-12 inches.

Make a build thread, 48x48 cubes are rare but awesome looking tanks.

There is a bar in town that has a 10'x5'x2.5' tank with full sized Naso (streamers from the tail and everything). The tank looked to be adequate for his needs.

IMO that'll be a good size, better than a 180 as it can swim in circles more easily.

They can get around 15 inches, but that'll most likely not happen, it'll probably max out at 10-12 inches.

Make a build thread, 48x48 cubes are rare but awesome looking tanks.

Yeah I have space for it no problem but only issue would be lighting. Would be SPS only so would be a massive light. Have to figure out how to make something like a 16x39W T5 unit with 3 rows of BEAMs. That's a whole lotta BEAMs from Dave which would be $$$$$$$$.

Yeah I have space for it no problem but only issue would be lighting. Would be SPS only so would be a massive light. Have to figure out how to make something like a 16x39W T5 unit with 3 rows of BEAMs. That's a whole lotta BEAMs from Dave which would be $$$$$$$$.

LEDs plus maybe 4 T5 bulbs for less shadows. Kessils could work for not too much $$

LEDs plus maybe 4 T5 bulbs for less shadows. Kessils could work for not too much $$

A 4ft square is a massive area. It would require an ungodly amount of LEDs for proper coverage to minimize shadowing.

If I did 3 rows of beam blue strips I would need 8 strips per row. That's 24 strips and 132 LEDs total. Then add to that the T5 which would need minimum 12 rows.

fishfreak0114

A 4ft square is a massive area. It would require an ungodly amount of LEDs for proper coverage to minimize shadowing.

If I did 3 rows of beam blue strips I would need 8 strips per row. That's 24 strips and 132 LEDs total. Then add to that the T5 which would need minimum 12 rows.

Damn, that's a lot of lights. Sounds like an awesome tank though, be sure to make a build thread.

What I'm saying is 4 larger led spotlights (Like Kessils) and a few T5HO bulbs for less shadowing.

What I'm saying is 4 larger led spotlights (Like Kessils) and a few T5HO bulbs for less shadowing.

That's still not good enough. I learned long ago with LED that only way to not get shadowing is to blanket the entire area with emitters.

My 60P reef tank (24x14x16) taught me how to properly light a tank to be able to grow anything. That tank was LED only and I had 4x nanobox v3 pucks on it plus 4x extra quad core violets.

• 2 weeks later...

They like to race, so as long as you keep that in mind while aquascaping you could probably keep one happy.

I had mine in a 8x3x2 with a vlamingi, several other tangs and rabbits and they were constantly swimming around the tank as fast as possible in different paths. They really like to get up to speed.

Archived