Top Shelf Aquatics

pgrVII

So I was thinking of definitely doing an exposed rock work,I believe also known as an "island" or some fancy thing. With this I was also considering running the return line(s) (haven't yet decided how I'll plumb it) into the island for a waterfall effect.

• Like 3

So I was thinking of definitely doing an exposed rock work,I believe also known as an "island" or some fancy thing. With this I was also considering running the return line(s) (haven't yet decided how I'll plumb it) into the island for a waterfall effect.

That would be a super cool effect and one that I'd considered for a time. As to how to run the plumbing; unless you backed the rockwork all the way up to the wall you would either have to run the pumbing into the gravel then across the sand bed, or create a bridge. Other things to be concerned with is how to prevent carpet surfers and how to ensure that the water is trickling and not splashing all over the place. Sure you can come up with something tho. :)

• Like 1

That would be a super cool effect and one that I'd considered for a time. As to how to run the plumbing; unless you backed the rockwork all the way up to the wall you would either have to run the pumbing into the gravel then across the sand bed, or create a bridge. Other things to be concerned with is how to prevent carpet surfers and how to ensure that the water is trickling and not splashing all over the place. Sure you can come up with something tho. :)

Yea I have a general idea how I wanna do it. Honestly since I'll probably split the return anyway into two pumps I may just use a smaller pump to return the water fall and allow the bigger one do straight into the tank.

Sounds fancy :). Will you put air plants at the peak?

• Like 1

I was thinking just some mangroves along the rocks to give it some vegetation. :)

That's a good idea! And if you do the waterfall, the mangroves will eventually block the light, that hits the exposed rock, so no algae :).

• Like 1

That's a good idea! And if you do the waterfall, the mangroves will eventually block the light, that hits the exposed rock, so no algae :).

Didn't even think if that! Genius move Gena. :)
  • Like 1

The lagoon 25. I spent the day looking at a few others and this one just fit what I liked the best. My tanks still running so I'll prob just do a transfer straight up and see how it goes. It's worked for the past 2 tanks lol.

• Like 3

The lagoon 25. I spent the day looking at a few others and this one just fit what I liked the best. My tanks still running so I'll prob just do a transfer straight up and see how it goes. It's worked for the past 2 tanks lol.

Nice........waiting sucks

:^ )

• Like 1

I've done it this way for the last 2 or 3 tanks. Or maybe 3 or 4 tanks LOL. Too many tanks :). But it worked out well each time!
  • Like 2

I've done it this way for the last 2 or 3 tanks. Or maybe 3 or 4 tanks LOL. Too many tanks :). But it worked out well each time!

Yea that's what I'm saying Gena,really most of what you need to run is already established and set,I always add a bottle of bio Spira to help it along too.
  • Like 2

Nice list. Although I am not super impressed with the 9001. Skimate is still a bit wet for me. looks more like green tea than fish crap. I ordered a IM skimmer and played with both of them I cant remember why I liked the 9001 better. I think it came down to size. After my recent dealings with Tunze........MEH . The 9001 has a great footprint but could work better IMHO.

• Like 1

Nice list. Although I am not super impressed with the 9001. Skimate is still a bit wet for me. looks more like green tea than fish crap. I ordered a IM skimmer and played with both of them I cant remember why I liked the 9001 better. I think it came down to size. After my recent dealings with Tunze........MEH . The 9001 has a great footprint but could work better IMHO.

I bought the tunze 9001 when it originally came out for the nano cube,I really liked it alot cause it was small and quiet,plus it's an easy fit in the lagoon with the dual pump mod. Mine will run an accella and a sicce 1.5 I think is the one I have.

On a side note,just ordered a finnex titanium heater to use in this one,really awesome heater for the price love em