Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Redsea Reefer 350 Build

Cycleguy0623

Well i just ordered a Redsea Reefer 350 from BRS with a few other essentials. I am upgrading from a 60gal cube that has been up for a while. We moved to a new house so it is the perfect time to upgrade before moving the tank. The current equipment list is below:

Red Sea Reefer 350

Echotech Vectra m1 return pump

2 mp10 (moving from the current tank)

1 bubble magus curve 5 (from current tank)

Neptune Apex controller system.

2 150w Neo Therm heaters

I have a Kessil A360w-e and could add another but I am contemplating a AP700.

Pics to follow as gear arrives and options welcome on additional equipment.

Yes looking to do a mixed reef... Gave away all the coral before the move but will maintain some of the fish.

I would love some opinions on lighting if any one could help me make that decision.

Well lights are on the way.

Dave at Nanobox has me set up with an ATI Sunpower 48"x4 that he did some work on. It will have 6 of his V3 arrays and 2 T5 bulbs with 3 channels.

Very excited. This should be a killer light! Thanks Dave!!

I've been eyeing almost the exact setup you originally mentioned - Reefer 350 with the AP700. It's down to the 350 or a custom Reef Savvy 90 gallon (48" x 24" x 18"). I won't be making a decision until around February (yearly bonus & tax return time!!) so I'll be following along.

I really like the wider and flatter size of a custom tank, but heard Reef Savvy has crazy backlogs. If that's the case might go with the Reefer. Also like the fact that the Reefer is mostly setup with just major equipment selections left to the end user - oh and the fact they are for the most part stocked locally now making it easy to pick one up.

Are you planning on changing out the ATO or adding a refugium to the sump by any chance?

I've been eyeing almost the exact setup you originally mentioned - Reefer 350 with the AP700. It's down to the 350 or a custom Reef Savvy 90 gallon (48" x 24" x 18"). I won't be making a decision until around February (yearly bonus & tax return time!!) so I'll be following along.

I really like the wider and flatter size of a custom tank, but heard Reef Savvy has crazy backlogs. If that's the case might go with the Reefer. Also like the fact that the Reefer is mostly setup with just major equipment selections left to the end user - oh and the fact they are for the most part stocked locally now making it easy to pick one up.

Are you planning on changing out the ATO or adding a refugium to the sump by any chance?

I looked into Reef Savvy and it was a heck of a wait! I actually ended up ordering the Reefer 450 as we have the space and I hoped that it would keep me from upgrading anytime soon.

I will be using there ATO and supplementing with a Tunze and my current ATO tank.

I do plan to add a refugee but I'm undecided on how I will do that yet.

I had a build thread going in the member tank forum... it will be in my signature soon to. Hope on over and joint that one and you can see the final equipment selection.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Update! Love that you are doing this build as I just ordered my Reefer 350 yesterday! Following and love to hear any feedback. Researching equipment myself.

I looked into Reef Savvy and it was a heck of a wait! I actually ended up ordering the Reefer 450 as we have the space and I hoped that it would keep me from upgrading anytime soon.

I will be using there ATO and supplementing with a Tunze and my current ATO tank.

I do plan to add a refugee but I'm undecided on how I will do that yet.

I had a build thread going in the member tank forum... it will be in my signature soon to. Hope on over and joint that one and you can see the final equipment selection.

Love to know how much different build needs to be from 350 to 450? I am debating changing my order as I also have th room. Do you need 3 lights vs 2?

Archived