Coral Vue Hydros

JBJ 24g false wall installed into Mr. Aqua 25g cube, sealant question

Christianferd

Christianferd

I salvaged the false wall from a broken, brand new JBJ 24g nano. I would like to install the false wall into a Mr. Aqua 25 gallon cube. Both tanks are 18" wide and about the same height. I have yet to confirm the inner width, based on glass thickness. If they measure correctly, and it fits, my question is this: best sealant? I found some posts from 2010 through Google but was wondering if anyone had any experience with this? It is ABS compound. I've read to marine grade epoxy then black silicone. I was wondering if there is any more current information on the subject?

See, what ha-happened was: ordered my first reef tank. Got scammed on eBay, seller sent a broken tank and would not reply. eBay reimbursed me, kindly. jBJ would not warranty due to it being shipping damage (yeah I tried to get a free tank!). I salvaged everything I could, so the false wall is listed under "materials I have". Thus, this project idea. And I like the look of the rimless Mr. Aqua.

Thanks in advance for any help, thoughts, or ideas. Trying to keep this on the cheap, because it always gets more expensive anyway haha!

Archived