Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Emerald crab releasing larvae CAUGHT ON FILM

Dreichler

So in my JBJ 45, have 2 small emerald crabs, and while looking in the tank when the lights were off, noticed a pouch of eggs on one, so i pulled out my phone to take a pic, when all the sudden, they started releasing, and i got it on film, perfectly... Now theres about 2 million larval stage emerald crabs in my tank floating around, my scoly and cynarina have caught a couple, so have my other pieces... but i put up my hang on breeder box, and put maybe 100 of those little larvae in there with sand a piece of rock, i know little to nothing about their life cycle, but read they need phyto or "green water" to live off of... any help with possibly raising them? I have no fish, all lost to ich....

You should use a photo uploading site like photobucket. Upload there and then just paste the link here and it appears as a full sized beautiful picture :)

Ugh - use youtube. Photobucket is annoying me lately. It seems everything I load loses a ton of resolution and it's the worst site for ads.

Ugh - use youtube. Photobucket is annoying me lately. It seems everything I load loses a ton of resolution and it's the worst site for ads.

whats your email, i can email them to you

whats your email, i can email them to you

Hehe no worries - I was able to watch them fine.

Don't take my comments as being against you - more against Photobucket. I've used it for a long time but lately they've had a ton of ads that annoy me - also it seems the image quality and video quality isn't up to par with other video sites.

Thus for now I use photobucket for images and youtube for videos.

To link images copy the "direct" link and in your post/reply on nano-reef at the top you'll see a little square that looks like a photo. Paste the link in the box that comes up and they will show up in the body of the post. Likewise youtube has an "embedded video" link that will show the video preview in the body of the post.

You generally don't want to rely on email on forums because hundreds of people will visit this post at some point and you don't want to email this to hundreds of people. Of course most won't ask because asking is a pain - but then your post wont be nearly as helpful.

So I would practice posting pictures a few times. Maybe edit the original post to include the images/videos!

Wow, the first link you posted was a great short video. Cant believe you captured those little guys so well. Really neat thanks for sharing!

I have no idea how you would go about raising them. I would guess you would have to put them in a seperate cycled tank with lots of hiding spots with some macro maybe. As well as plenty of feeding.

Archived