inTank Media Baskets

Fluval Sea Evo 5

B.C.

confused as to how you acquired this as its no where on their site, facebook or any other form of media. i know they promoted it early 2014 but it still apparently has not hit store shelves

I was looking to setup a pico for my office. When I walked in to my ifs it was the first thing that I saw.

I actually worked there in the past part time and know one of the owners. He claimed that they just came out with it.

I haven't seen much on it searching the web and don't see it on Fluvals page either.

I'll be setting it up soon. =)

WHAT? How are these even out? Totally going to be following this. The tank looked amazing when they revealed it MORE THAN A YEAR AGO. About time this came out. Which LFS is this and did they also release the evo 12? I live in Northern Jersey.

I guess I was at the right place at the right time.

The lfs is in West Islip ,Long Island N.Y.

It was the only one there. I could ask if he can get more if anyone is interested.

That's weird that you got one as Fluval quietly canned the EVO line a couple of months after they announced it. Production costs were too high for what they wanted to price them apparently.

Some pics.

The lights are brighter than what the cheap camera on my tablet can capture.

I like the color but I may add another blue strip for when only the blues are on.post-53952-0-78817100-1449616721_thumb.jpgpost-53952-0-20753000-1449616863_thumb.jpgpost-53952-0-86708000-1449616904_thumb.jpgpost-53952-0-03371300-1449616938_thumb.jpgpost-53952-0-62374000-1449617343_thumb.jpg

Microbialhydra

Definitely a Spec v with different lights.

I haven't installed the pump and I've decided to take this little gem home.

Is the pump any different then the normal spec

According to fluval, this tank isn't supposed to be out until spring of next year. Evo 12 supposedly supposed to come out in fall of next year.

Thanks for verifying that ninja.

The back chamber isn't frosted on this tank and the light is different . Those are the only things that they changed I guess.

Pretty much.The filter chamber is not frosted is has a black small honeycomb pattern on it.I'm not that thrilled with the lighting yet. Its only 10 Watts and from what I could find par is 100 at the top and 50-60 at the bottom of the tank. They should of stepped up the lights imo.

I plan on adding some more leds once I figure out how I want to go about it.

Its a nice little tank though. I could of fabbed up something myself but wanted something plug and play,Oh well.

Archived