Coral Vue Hydros

Nola's 10G Fusion - Nem Tank

Nola Bear

Beautiful! And don't worry about the TSB. They like to claim a hole in the rocks so they don't interfere with the clowns much. My clowns attack my hand every time, and there's no problem with my TSB.

That free blasto is really nice for a freebie, btw :)

Well, I took your advice and am the proud new owner of a TSB, J.B. Hellwig. The first person to crack the riddle of his name gets a good old fashioned thumbs up. The gold torch is officially down to just a few tentacles, but I got a pretty dope yellow hammer from the LFS the other day. I think march is going to be acan month. Will need to post pics of old JB in the next day or so.

I need to figure out the dosing game. I've been looking into the jebao doser that Harold has. I am still a few months out on getting SPS in the tank, and I will be starting very slowly with just a birdsnest or pocillopora or something (any recs for SPS virgin?). I am doing 20-25% water changes each week.

All advice is welcome~ :bowdown:

On another note, I don't know how I am holding back from buying more from rarereef right now. so hard.............. :tears: Have you guys checked out the deal he's running right now?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Florida Frag Swap was a blast. Got some cool pieces. Sister had the better score (also has the bigger tank). She came away with a lobo with four heads (30), an elegance that is easily 6-8" long (40), a sick echinata (15), a free zoa colony, and something else that escapes me, whatever....

I pulled the following. I don't remember any of the names...sorry:

FTS to start

IMG_4389_zpsofcgmmvf.jpg

Right side

IMG_4407_zpsjizueoeh.jpg

Left side

IMG_4408_zpsqljyciab.jpg

Left side different lighting

IMG_4406_zpsktidllny.jpg

Bowerbanki:

IMG_4392_zpstpkx1cd0.jpg

Favia (Sort of like the mayan sun I have but with really nice adn big white/silver centers)

IMG_4401_zpsjez5di6w.jpg

New Acan (photo doesn't do any justice. Really neat colors on this one:

IMG_4402_zpsyzancgth.jpg

Lephastrea

IMG_4403_zpsxajoddoi.jpg

Sweet Goni, Deep Red with sharp yellow centers (JB Hellwig Photobombing :rolleyes: )

IMG_4404_zps4d4ccaql.jpg

Can't remember if this one is an echinata or chalice (terrible pic too, sorry) It is the purple and green behind the mayan sun favia)

IMG_4405_zpsmhk4euo8.jpg

Here is a MAME knockoff i built. It is a glass vinegar bottle that cleaned really well then I cut the bottom off and drilled a hole at the taper. I still need to get a good air pump to run it though.

IMG_4381_zpsjwugrpet.jpg

IMG_4380_zpsehmhj9aj.jpg

Here is a mushy that came on a piece of liverock I got. It is a colorless blob, but I am hoping that it will color up with time....

IMG_4400_zpsvtkxjdjo.jpg

• Like 3
  • 4 months later...

Just thought I share some new photos. I haven't been posting much on here, I reverted back to lurking in the shadows and I have been getting obsessed with a Tampa Bay Reef Club forum where all these seasoned salts have ridiculously large and decadent systems and often give away frags of ultra coolness. That being said, I have fully mixed my reef over the last few months and have added a fair amount of sps slowly, and they seem to be happy :wub: , and if they are happy I am happy :D .

Rose Milli ( I think millis are my favorite sps right now, I plan to get one or two more, but will wait for the colors I want B) )

IMG_2685_zpslecewxy4.jpg

Super Hairy Blue Acro and JF Lepto :wub:

IMG_2684_zpshvwswpee.jpg

IMG_2673_zps5pzzzhzq.jpg

Top down

IMG_2682_zpsw3lz63lx.jpg

Spongodes and also a very pale acro with green polyps that was neglected at the LFS that is starting to get some color back :)

IMG_2681_zpsw3wzjyha.jpg

Sorry for the blurry shot, but this is a really neat acro, one of my first that is finally growing/encrusting ;)

IMG_2680_zps7f0pfopc.jpg

My red digi, superman monti, a red rock flower, some red cap, and my la lakers monti (don't think it is a true La lakers, but still pretty)

IMG_2677_zpsnnsbyiic.jpg

IMG_2677_2_zps04mwfnmy.jpg

Hawkins Echinata (Brought it home and it RTN'd in an hour, but for some reason stopped and seems to have stabilized. I hp e it pulls through. It is such an awesome stick)

IMG_2686_zps2at5bweq.jpg

My attempts at FTS. I need to figure out how people take a good fts.

IMG_2656_zpsromeomkz.jpg

IMG_2656_zps7s46gmnp.jpg

IMG_2652_zpshwj8hg9x.jpg

_MG_2669_zps2zcsva0r.jpg

_MG_2668_zpszr6h0dhq.jpg

IMG_2659_zpswuiz7yis.jpg

Top down

IMG_2654_zps1poho2w1.jpg

Right Side

IMG_2647_zpsfw6mssre.jpg

IMG_2646_zpss0dn4mwo.jpg

IMG_2648_zpsmtnhiob0.jpg

my acan garden

IMG_2650_zpsq8cjmwde.jpg

IMG_2667_zpsfdwtutv7.jpg

IMG_2666_zpspfc6hrfd.jpg

IMG_2663_zpssp0zc9jy.jpg

IMG_2662_zpsyyw859ir.jpg

Pokerstar monti and birdsnest

IMG_2661_zps4ubvfwpy.jpg

My rbta

IMG_2653_zpsy18mvaxf.jpg

IMG_2660_zpsxelncdde.jpg

Rics, Lobo, and Rock flower

IMG_2658_zps2fvcokpm.jpg

DIY Hang on frag rack

IMG_2649_zpslvzn5tbz.jpg

:wub: JB Hellwig!

Great tank. We have very similar tastes. What camera did you use for the close ups?

Update!!!

Sound like they're getting territorial.
But don't go changing the subject, we need pics!

Looking good!

+1 for a NeoTherm heater. Have one on my 20G, have never had any issues, had one on my 8G when I had it running, same thing, works flawlessly.

Your aquascaping looks great!

Really looking good.
You seem to have a good problem with all that purple in your tank! ;)

Looking good! Fusion 10G tanks are nice! I should know :lol: .

You planning on any fish? Or just keeping the shrimp?

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Thanks!

What camera are you using? In order for me to get a very good shot out of either my Galaxy S7 Edge phone or my DSLR, I need to be in manual mode. Good update BTW!

• Like 1

I'm using a canon 50d. I'm not a camera man at all. It is the wife's fancy camera, but to be honest it just sits in a drawer. I need to figure out this white balance thing teeny talks about.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice tank...what's that grate covering the overflow...I think I need one...I found one of my sexy shrimp in the back chamber

Thanks man! It's a pretty sweet little fish guard. I have had a rock flower get back there, but i think he hurdled it. :lol:

The package comes with two, not sure why--maybe for the larger fusions...

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/auqagadget-fishguard-mid-full-size-innovative-marine.html

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Wow, there's a lot been going on here! Everything looks great, but woah, those acans are incredible :wub:

Thanks Teeny! Been going SPS crazy. There are so many places here and people in the local forum that have incredible sticks for practically nothing. Just yesterday, I picked up from a Tampa forum buddy four sticks and put them on my rack. Red planet, candlelight concert, pink lemonade, and acroberry.;@

• Like 1

Thanks Teeny! Been going SPS crazy. There are so many places here and people in the local forum that have incredible sticks for practically nothing. Just yesterday, I picked up from a Tampa forum buddy four sticks and put them on my rack. Red planet, candlelight concert, pink lemonade, and acroberry.;@

Pretty soon you'll have to get a big tank just to have room for all the sticks to grow out!

• Like 1

I think I have finally figured out my diatoms, hair algae, cyano blooms that I've been having for the past four months! It turns out the RO water that I've been buying from my LF S is essentially sh&@*y tapwater. You like to think that the LF S you thought you trusted was doing right by you, but then your faith in humanity drops another notch. Now, I drive 45 minutes to the most reputable LF S in the area, and I can guarantee top notch. I ditched my 5 gallons of RO in my top off, and replaced it with good RO, and the diatoms have already subsided. Hallelujah~

• Like 3

45 minutes?! Damn, have you looked into buying a unit and making your own?

I hear you. It takes forever to go through five gals of RO though and I'm pretty sure my wife would lose it if I bought another device for this tank. ;(

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

New corals added. Had to build a second story to my frag rack.

Red Dragon

Christmas Miribelis

Sunset Milli

Green Psammacora

Granulosa

Will take pics soon

• Like 1

Pistol is just hanging out in the back, not tunneling. Dunno if this is normal...was planning to buy a yellow watchmen, but may hold off.....

I'd hold off until you get a chance to do some research. I've heard it's hit or miss whether they pair, and they can be aggressive.

I'm always tempted by impulse buys, but I'd say only about half of mine have worked out over the years :unsure:

New corals added. Had to build a second story to my frag rack.

Red Dragon
Christmas Miribelis
Sunset Milli
Green Psammacora
Granulosa

Will take pics soon

Nice score!

• Like 1