Cultivated Reef

December 2015 Featured Reef - Felicia's 40 Gallon Nano Reef

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

For December we're featuring Felicia and her 40 gallon predator nano reef aquarium!
featuredreef.jpg
Click the picture above to check out her reef profile! You can find Felicia's aquarium journal in our Members Aquariums forum. Feel free to post any comments or questions you may have for Felicia, and she'll try her best to answer them.

Way to go Felicia! Congratulations. A unique worthy tank for sure!!!

Congrats! Beatiful display

That's amazing! Love the fish choices. Congrats!!!

Great looking tank!

Yay, congrats!

Beautiful tank. Well deserved.

:wub::wub::wub:

Congrats Felicia!

Thank you so much, everyone! I love this tank so much and am thrilled to share it with you all. I'm glad you like it too!

HOLY CLAM!

The big squamosa? Yeah, its a beast. I have to give Gena the credit for growing that monster though. I got it from her back in May and its grown a ton since then as well. I believe its close to 12" long now.

congrats! Loved the feeding part!

Thank you! I'm glad you stuck it out through my long video to get to the feeding part. The predators are much cooler to watch on video than just seeing them in photos :)

Thank you! I'm glad you stuck it out through my long video to get to the feeding part. The predators are much cooler to watch on video than just seeing them in photos :)

Felicia great tank I love my Lionfish! I just got a Fu Manchu and a Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish back in October. Were you able to train your Fu Manchu to eat frozen? I can get him to hit it but he spits it out! Loves the live gut loaded ghost shrimp though!

Felicia great tank I love my Lionfish! I just got a Fu Manchu and a Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish back in October. Were you able to train your Fu Manchu to eat frozen? I can get him to hit it but he spits it out! Loves the live gut loaded ghost shrimp though!

Thank you! Awesome to hear you have lionfish as well! I really lucked out with my Fu Manchu. The LFS he came from already had him eating frozen because he'd been there a while before I bought him. They're supposed to be one of the harder species to get onto frozen. My antennata was only eating live, but was very easy to wean onto frozen. However, my dwarf zebra took months. I was almost to the point of thinking he'd be on live forever, but he finally took frozen without spitting it out. I think it just takes a lot of patience and keep trying different techniques and different foods. Starving the fish for a bit before feeding also helps them be more interested in frozen.

Amazing tank and well deserved.

Thank you so much! :)

Thank you! Awesome to hear you have lionfish as well! I really lucked out with my Fu Manchu. The LFS he came from already had him eating frozen because he'd been there a while before I bought him. They're supposed to be one of the harder species to get onto frozen. My antennata was only eating live, but was very easy to wean onto frozen. However, my dwarf zebra took months. I was almost to the point of thinking he'd be on live forever, but he finally took frozen without spitting it out. I think it just takes a lot of patience and keep trying different techniques and different foods. Starving the fish for a bit before feeding also helps them be more interested in frozen.

Thank you so much! :)

Aw lucky on the Fu! I got mine to eat a frozen mysis today for the first time so we will see if he will eat in a couple days too. Fed him a live ghost shrimp and then dropped a bunch of mysis in. :)

Congrats!!!

Thank you! :D

Aw lucky on the Fu! I got mine to eat a frozen mysis today for the first time so we will see if he will eat in a couple days too. Fed him a live ghost shrimp and then dropped a bunch of mysis in. :)

Yeah I really lucked out with him. That's great news! Just keep being patient. I'd definitely keep tricking him by switching from the live to frozen and then slowly lower the amount of live until its just frozen. Also, definitely starve him a bit between feedings so he'll be more interested in the frozen.

• 3 weeks later...

beautiful tank, congratz !

love the gorgonians :wub:

Congrats! I love all the purple hues in this tank.

Thank you both so much! The gorgonians definitely add a lot of nice flow and texture, as well as lots of nice shades of purple :)

Archived