SaltCritters.com

where to buy acrylic

chappy6107

Try looking for an actual acrylic distributor locally. If not you can order it from places like TAP. shipping is a real killer though if it needs to be on a pallet. Where abouts are you located?

check the yellow pages. You probably have a plastic shop in Dallas somewhere. You might also check with any place around that makes aquariums, they might be willing to sell you a sheet, or even order one for you.

Marc.The.Shark

I've bought smaller sheets from ebay for pretty reasonable. There's a couple of bigger sellers on there that had decent shipping prices.

What are you using it for. There's cast acrylic and extruded acrylic and its worth keeping in mind the right type for the job at hand

I will be making an overflow box out of the thinner stuff. but need some thicker stuff for tops over my freshwater 100g. I figured after the lights heat up the thin stuff it would sag.

Then maybe a sump, ato water res. , then just to have for those random projects that pop into my head.

what's the difference in cast & extruded?

I've bought smaller sheets from ebay for pretty reasonable. There's a couple of bigger sellers on there that had decent shipping prices.

I have seen some of these, was just hoping for no shipping if there was some national store that carried it thicker than HD/Lowes.

Hit up the yellow pages for local plastics supply houses. There's usually a few in most every area. They should be able to supply you with what you need, and even cut if you like. Tap Plastics and US Plastics are two of the larger retailers that deal with online sales though if you need to go that route.

I found a couple, but one looks like it only sells full sheets at a time, the other however may sell only what I need. Still need to call them though. Thanks all.

I've bought from Professional Plastics before and picked up in Richardson. I live in Mckinney too.

HM, did you buy a whole sheet or just what you needed?

HM, did you buy a whole sheet or just what you needed?

Cut to order HDPE for my tank bottom.

Depending on what you need Taps has better pricing I believe.

Cut to order HDPE for my tank bottom.

Depending on what you need Taps has better pricing I believe.

there's a tap plastics in our area?

there's a tap plastics in our area?

No but for cut to order of smaller size they're cheaper then professional plastics I believe.

oh and by the way if you need actual glass, Richardson Glass is great to work with.

If you find a local acrylics supplier I would go to their shop and see if they sell scraps. I am lucky that eplastics is local to me as they have pallets upon pallets of scrap acrylic they sell for dirt cheap.

If you find a local acrylics supplier I would go to their shop and see if they sell scraps. I am lucky that eplastics is local to me as they have pallets upon pallets of scrap acrylic they sell for dirt cheap.

this is genius

United States Plastic has acrylic sheets and many other types of sheets. Aquarium hobbyist have looked to this company for over a decade.

Ill check em out

Archived