Top Shelf Aquatics

Randall's Assessor Basslet- experience?

cmd5235

Good Morning,

Looking for everyone's experience with the randall's assessor basslet. I've been looking into getting one, but want some more input. Right now I have a 36 gallon bowfront mixed reef, predominantly SPS, but with some LPS, a tube anemone and a rock flower anemone. I currently have one masked goby (low bioload is sweeeeeeet) along with a single skunk cleaner shrimp and several snails and hermits. Eventually I would like to add a single clown possibly, and perhaps a single dartfish.

Thanks!

I have a Gold assessor basslet, which I believe is very similar in size and personality to the Randall's. Mine lives with a clown, a bangaii cardinal, and a royal gramma. He is semi-shy and spends less time out in the open than my other fish, but he is a model citizen. He spends a lot of time swimming nose down, or even upside down, which is really odd, but seems to be how he prefers. His cave is actually vertical, so he sleeps in it either nose up, or nose down. Lol

Good choice for a non-aggressive reef tank, but they are pretty small, and you might not see much of him in a 36g tank. My display is only about 20 gallons, and he is hard to find sometimes. I have thought about moving him to my 10 gallon as an only fish, but I am too lazy to try and catch him.

Archived