Cultivated Reef

Could bumblebee snails be eating my sun corals?

Hammerstone

Bit by bit my corals seem to be closing up more and I noticed where there was a full one there is a half and there had been two bumblebee snails on it. I think these snails have got to go. So much care and attention goes into each single polyp and I've worked so hard it's gut wrenching. I was watching new ones filling in spots and other ones getting bigger. I'm not going to put up from damage from some stupid snails. ? Now I can't find them. Of course.

I'm catching them one by one and putting them in the other tank that doesn't have corals right now and won't for awhile. I lost two and one half polyps. Caught one bumblebee snail. Pissed off. Husband saved them or they would have gone to heaven.

Yeah I'm sure they are. Ones in the back of the Suns rock and I can't get to it. I fed my Suns a snack early because they were open so I figured maybe they were hungry and that was why. I pray they show up before bed time so I can get them out without losing anymore polyps. I'm going to feed them again at their normal time as well. Even if I don't feel up to it I always feed each little flower. It makes me sick that I have predators in my tank. My husband thought they looked cool and bought them for me and I was thinking oh no. I did see them gang up on a baby hermit and kill it long ago. I forgot it. I kept pulling them off and they would always find him, there must have been some sick chemicals or maybe he just molted. I get bristle worms carefully all around my sins but they just eat the food the Suns don't eat. I don't like it but that's the way it is. Thank you guys.

Caught two bumble bee snails. One more left,yay!!? Oh and I finally caught a trochus snail that had green bubble algae growing on it. I used a razor blade into the sink and then I put fresh water just on the spot where the algae on it. So that was good too.

Archived