Top Shelf Aquatics

Clown hosting feather duster!

russdwater12

Ok so I noticed last night that my clown was getting a little frisky with my feather duster...no commitment, just a brush here and there...I was pretty amused. Well, when I got home from work tonight, he was full on making love to it haha! It's a huge surprise, because I've had this clown and the feather duster together since I set the tank up 7 months ago and I never saw this behavior before.

I'm pretty sure the clown was tank raised and I did not think this would even remotely happen. Is this a common occurrence, something instinctual that draws them to certain types of hosts and not just anemones? Anyway it made my night ha.

trim.7E180424-BD1D-4D25-AE9C-AF0A558ABC16.MOV

That's so funny. Silly clowns. Will that make the feather dusters crown fall off?

My clowns sleep in the bubble curtain lol. I think it must feel good lol.

Ok so I noticed last night that my clown was getting a little frisky with my feather duster...no commitment, just a brush here and there...I was pretty amused. Well, when I got home from work tonight, he was full on making love to it haha! It's a huge surprise, because I've had this clown and the feather duster together since I set the tank up 7 months ago and I never saw this behavior before.

I'm pretty sure the clown was tank raised and I did not think this would even remotely happen. Is this a common occurrence, something instinctual that draws them to certain types of hosts and not just anemones? Anyway it made my night ha.

My clowns shared a tank with pulsing xenia for about 18 months before they decided to host it.no idea why, just came in one day and the male was in it, 2 days later the female was in there too, now they are hardly ever out of it unless it's feeding time. Clowns are weird...

• 4 months later...
russdwater12

My clowns shared a tank with pulsing xenia for about 18 months before they decided to host it.no idea why, just came in one day and the male was in it, 2 days later the female was in there too, now they are hardly ever out of it unless it's feeding time. Clowns are weird...

Awesome! How are the clowns doing? Nice tank btw. Mine unfortunately came down with ich, and didn't make it through. I'm miss the little guy.

I love clowns, so entertaining.

Ya its definitely normal behaviour. My first clowns hosted the powerhead until they figured the finger leather was more to their liking..6mnths later.

My current tank is 7mnths old, clown just realized he likes hanging out under my leather.lol

Hammerstone

That's so funny. Silly clowns. Will that make the feather dusters crown fall off?

my clowns sleep in the bubble

Curtain too!!

my clowns sleep in the bubble

Curtain too!!

Di....did you just reply to yourself from a year ago?

Archived