Coral Vue Hydros

Water Changes

TieuMuchReefing

TieuMuchReefing

So my tank has been running about a month with fish and some lps in it. Everythign seems happy and running

I tend to over feed sometimes but i do about a 4-5gallon water change each week. My tank is the 38g nuvo.

i heard if i am doing to many water changes it maybe not be to good due to taking out all the good bacteria i need? can somone explain to me. should i do every 2 weeks or whta?

my levels dont see to be off or anything.

Water changes won't take out the bacteria, good or bad, as that resides in your rocks and sand, etc. I think if weekly water changes are working for you, keep them at weekly.

agreed. its my opinion that my tank gets the harshest water changes among picos, over 1000 100% water changes all on the same tank, plus I leave it drained up to 15 mins just to condition them like the tide. disturbing crudded up sandbeds when adding the new water is the risk, so I don't keep a dirty sb mines clean.

Most people consider water changes a chore -- so when people change every 2 weeks it is because they can not necessarily because they should.

One of the perks to smaller tanks is that a simple 5g water change can be a significant amount of tank water volume - goes a long way to keeping trace mineral levels up and keeping water clean in a small system.

If anyone wanted to expend the effort I promise I'd let you prep and change the water 3x 100% a day for five years consistent on my bowl as a test as long as I didn't have to do the work :)

Just before the five years test began, I'd buy some bounce mushrooms and 400.00 paly frags everyone loves and I'd buy ten frozen pounds of cyclopeeze before they discontinue it again.

Then as you are changing water 3x a day in proof corals love water changes, I'll keep a near fresh red tint in the water with fresh undegraded cyclopeeze you will be ripping out soon before it rots.we will begin harvesting expensive corals for sale a year later and save up about four grand for a new hacked out dji inspire drone, at least that's what I'd do with my half of the export profits. For sure, old tanks love water changes.

If anyone wanted to expend the effort I promise I'd let you prep and change the water 3x 100% a day for five years consistent on my bowl as a test as long as I didn't have to do the work :)

Just before the five years test began, I'd buy some bounce mushrooms and 400.00 paly frags everyone loves and I'd buy ten frozen pounds of cyclopeeze before they discontinue it again.

Then as you are changing water 3x a day in proof corals love water changes, I'll keep a near fresh red tint in the water with fresh undegraded cyclopeeze you will be ripping out soon before it rots.we will begin harvesting expensive corals for sale a year later and save up about four grand for a new hacked out dji inspire drone, at least that's what I'd do with my half of the export profits. For sure, old tanks love water changes.

Hmm. Not sure about the Inspire; the new camera is great but it's flight time reflects that upgrade. I'm happy with a phantom; 4K footage is better quality than can be seen with 99% of the monitors and televisions in the US.

But yes on the Bounce shroom factory!

TieuMuchReefing

Like I said I do 5g gallons a week in my 38g nuvo

Everything seems to be ok but I guess time will tell if my corals will like it I'll post my parameters later

Like I said I do 5g gallons a week in my 38g nuvo

Everything seems to be ok but I guess time will tell if my corals will like it I'll post my parameters later

Sounds great. I would keep up that schedule and test weekly. If you Nitrates start to rise increase the amount of water you change each week. Water changes can not hurt the beneficial bacteria filter as it lives on the rocks, not the water column.

Archived