SaltCritters.com

Reignite The Reef IM 25G Lagoon

Sunar357

Welcome to my latest insanity!

Equipment

Tank:
Innovative Marine Fusion Lagoon 25G
Lighting:
Aquaticlife T5 HO 4 bulb (ATI Actinic, Coral+, 2 Blue+)

Flow:

Stock pump

2 Jebao RW-4's
Media:

InTank media baskets
Skimmer:
AquaMaxx HOB-1

Controller:

Apex Jr
Heater:
75W Eheim Jager
Rock and Sand:
Reefrocks dry rock

Tropic Eden Reef Flakes
Salt:
Kent Reef Salt
RO/DI system:
BRS Value 4 State Plus RO/DI
ATO:

Tunze Osmolator Nano 3152

Test Kits:

Salifert P04

Red Sea Master (Alk/Calc/Mag)

Still to purchase:
DJ Power Center

Stocking

Fish:

Chalk Bass "Woah Woah"

"Black" Misbar Ocellaris Clownfish

Tailspot Blenny "Nana"

(My son named two of them)

Inverts:

2 Rockflower Anemones

Hermits

Snails

Fighting Conch

Pistol Shrimp

Nano Serpent Star

Coral:

Soft:

Neon Green Toadstool

Green Palythoas

Valentine's Day Massacre Zoas

Rasta Zoas

King Midas Zoas

Fire and Ice Zoas

Purple Hornet Zoa

Ricordia

LPS:

Neon Green Frogspawn

Green Torch

Duncan

Acan

Kryptonite Candy Cane

Blasto

SPS:

Green Pocillipora

Rainbow Montipora

Red Planet Acropora

Forest Fire Digitata

Pink Lemonade Digitata

ORA Green Birdsnest

Hollywood Stunner Chalice

Food:

New Life Spectrum pellets

OSI spirulina

San Francisco freeze dried mysis

San Francisco frozen mysis

LRS Reef Frenzy

FTS

04/29/2016

Bnrjfq0.jpg

02/19/2016

4SRWB6g.jpg

01/29/2016

r1WM0tb.jpg?1

01/13/2016

2016-01-13%2011.36.42.jpg

12/16/2015

2015-12-16%2018.18.58.jpg

Day 1 - 11/29/2015

2015-11-29%2020.59.58.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tank is in second floor office with computers running 24/7 so even in middle of winter it probably won't run often.

Skimmer is in the plan down the road. :)

Just placed an order for InTank media baskets.

Tank is going to be relocated to a different wall then planned so I can get some hangers and mount to wall for light.

Tank should arrive tomorrow! Yay!

Tank is in...dang it looks slick! Hung up some shelving brackets to hang the light from yesterday. I need to get some salt mixing and get this thing wet! Today is football galore so hopefully getting started tomorrow.

I did find out my Cobalt isn't as tall as the stock pump and it hangs from the tubing. I could try and find replacement tubing and cut it longer, put the pump up on eggcrate or just try the stock pump since I should have plenty of flow with my (probably) pair of RW-4's.

Thoughts?

Started to mix up some IO realized I hate IO and went out and bought some Kent salt. :D Slowly but surely getting salt mixed and put in tank. If only my RO/DI was as fast as I am, dang't!

Tank is wet! I ended up throwing in a small piece of LR from my old tank. Still clearing up and all but it's time to crash and I wanted a day one pic! :) First post has the FTS.

I am looking at the same light on the same tank, what's reason for not using the legs on the light? Would it be to powerful for a 12" height? Or Mabey you just want better access for feeding and other maintenance.

I'm afraid it may be too much light. I also do like being able to work in tank without having to move it on and off though as you said so a little of both. :)

The light will be going lower than the FTS. I need to get the cabling worked out so it's just sitting very high for now.

I'm looking at the same skimmer, I just don't like the way it sticks out the top so much. Would be nice if there was something more sleek and the ghost skimmer isn't an option for me with all the negative reviews.

Yeah I know some don't like it but at least it's not a big ugly white skimmer I guess? I don't expect it to really bother me much. It's in my office and not a front room display.

Honestly if I didn't get the AquaMaxx used i'd probably have went with the Cadlights PLS-50 Elite as I also read so many bad things about the Ghost.

Finally put my ATO on the tank and got materials to make my screen sometime in the next week probably.

Bulb combos are driving me crazy. :D Current thought is two ATI B+, C+ and an Actinic.

The heater bothers me. In the back chamber it sits with the "waterline here" mark that is a bit above the waterline. Think I need something smaller but I keep hearing bad stories about Neotherms.

A neon toadstool and a couple palys I got. :) I'm running some crummy aquaticlife bulbs. I've ordered ATI bulbs and hopefully they should be in this week.

corals.jpg

Archived