SaltCritters.com

Trav's JBJ 45RL - 1 Year Old!

Travis

The replacement tank should arrive Tuesday. But the live rock is being delivered today! Guess I can play around with the scape before I get the new tank in.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good. At least you have a "spare tank" to play around with the scape. Good luck replicating it though lol. I've Never been able to do it.

Yeh me either lol. I can tell you this, I want the gap between the two larger. I'll leave it be till I do the tank swap.

Aqua lifter wasn't cutting it. Should have read the specs. It maxes out at 30" head height. So I decided to give the new IM Hydrofill pump a try. I'm quite impressed to be honest. Max head is 60".

4c039a3ddb592bf86e46293500cad2b8.jpg

Aqua lifter wasn't cutting it. Should have read the specs. It maxes out at 30" head height. So I decided to give the new IM Hydrofill pump a try. I'm quite impressed to be honest. Max head is 60".

4c039a3ddb592bf86e46293500cad2b8.jpg

Yeah aqualifter didn't work for me either so I ended up getting a tunze osmulator.

I didn't care for the giesmann tank mounts so after taking the dimensions off of them I sent them back to BRS and made my own. ? going to powder coat them white like the stand next week. The material is 304 SS and I bead blasted them and scribed in our company logo.

1ae6c8ea54b390771a79041d53578fe8.jpg

And yes, the water is green. Some kind of algae bloom. I don't even have bulbs for the fixture yet so it must be nutrient driven from the live rock.

Excited to see this develop- what SPS are you thinking about?

Tabling acropora, encrusting types and stag horns. ? But really wanting to purchase only cherry picked frags for the entire tank.

Tabling acropora, encrusting types and stag horns. But really wanting to purchase only cherry picked frags for the entire tank.

Nice! I am looking at doing the same for my upgrade- lfs or online? What vendors are you looking at? Cherrycorals have some really nice pieces

Only only for me. There are next to no lfs in my area. Looking at houseofsticks and unique corals. I'll check cherry corals out. Thanks!

Archived