Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Trav's JBJ 45RL - 1 Year Old!

Travis

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go!

5e6bbf534d30062e85cbb2e605b5f298.jpg

Ok now I just need to order rock and start the cycle.

Got the ATO set up and organized the electrical cables under the stand.

81d27394974bacc3fee0e4a89c5f3f22.jpg

If your going to get rock go reef cleaners unless your lfs is close to the price. I made that mistake lastnight. NEVER AGAIN!

Where did you get the rock?

My LFS dry rock for some reason 3.99 per lb soooo I'm returning it tomorrow since they are close on Sunday and I will get 30 lbs of Reef Cleaners for 61 dollars including shipping. Now compare that to the 110 that I payed for 26 lbs.

Well just my luck. I was cleaning all the finger prints from the tank and discovered there was a huge scuff/scratch on the front of the tank.

4f7a4abad83e444aecf88928730bcee6.jpg

You can see it from the side looking through the front pane.

3b752255f5a78b4696ca69217deff7a0.jpg

I contacted JBJ about the problem and they asked for pictures. They should be sending me a new tank. I should know for sure by tomorrow. Damn the luck!

Well, just stumbled across this thread was really impressed by your stand... Then I get to the end. Sucks bro. Curious to see how JBJ handles it.

Bummer dude, lovely tank. I used to have one before I upgraded a couple months ago. Loved the tank, lasted me over a year before my colonies blew up and needed more space!

It's next to impossible to get a pic of it but there is almost like a swirl scuff on the upper portion. Do they use orbital sanders to polish them or something?

Yep so I pretty sure there isn't an easy affordable hybrid option out there....if something doesn't come up in the next few months I'll likely go with a pair of Kessil A160WEs with goosenecks.

My office tank is crazing all over the acrylic. Likely combination of the weight of the plumbing on the back and the un level surface it is sitting on. I can slide a piece of paper under the front right corner. This is why I went with the foam on this build.

Looks like I'll be tearing that tank down and moving the livestock to this tank making it a mixed reef.

Yep so I pretty sure there isn't an easy affordable hybrid option out there....if something doesn't come up in the next few months I'll likely go with a pair of Kessil A160WEs with goosenecks.

My office tank is crazing all over the acrylic. Likely combination of the weight of the plumbing on the back and the un level surface it is sitting on. I can slide a piece of paper under the front right corner. This is why I went with the foam on this build.

Looks like I'll be tearing that tank down and moving the livestock to this tank making it a mixed reef.

Kassil 160s aren't that powerful... I would look into a used Radion or maybe Hydra 52HD.

After much deliberation I have purchased a light. Giesemann Matrixx ii 4x24w T5HO with tank mounting legs. The legs will work up to 27" tanks according to BRK customer support. This tank is 26.5". Should be in about the same time the replacement tank gets here. ?

Archived