ReefCleaners.org

Is My Mushroom Moving?

YaBoyLaj

So I purchased a purple mushroom with a single head yesterday. He opened up today but when I came home, he was folded and looked to be arching over to a nearby rock. I do know they'll move until the are happy but this is my first mushroom and just want to be safe. Thanks :)

They do move and sometimes leave a little piece of them behind and it will be a new shroom

Well that's music to my ears! Thanks so much for the quick reply! :)

Sure it's a mushroom?

They're not capable of locomotion on their own that I know of, and every mushroom I've had stays put after it's attached. I suppose I've had them come loose during a split, and if one detaches it sort of just floats around until it settles out of the flow.

I had a red one that stretched & stretched down the side of a rock and finally left part of itself behind and stuck somewhere else nearby. All mine, as soon as placed started moving off the plug they were on, and yeah, some just up & float away to attach where the flow drops them. Any pic?

I had a red one that stretched & stretched down the side of a rock and finally left part of itself behind and stuck somewhere else nearby. All mine, as soon as placed started moving off the plug they were on, and yeah, some just up & float away to attach where the flow drops them. Any pic?

1. Sorry for the crappy quality iPad minis don't do well with leds

2. He was covering that whole little rock today but I found him like this when I came home around 5:00

Agree with Flower Mama -mushrooms can and will go walkabout if the so desire. I have a red that has moved off his frag and is now working his way down and behind a rock. He has left 2 babies behind this way. I have a blue/purple one now moving off a frag plug, also leaving a baby behind.

Agree with Flower Mama -mushrooms can and will go walkabout if the so desire. I have a red that has moved off his frag and is now working his way down and behind a rock. He has left 2 babies behind this way. I have a blue/purple one now moving off a frag plug, also leaving a baby behind.

Ok so at least i know mine is somewhat normal, but are they supposed to look like that when moving? Sorry for all the nooby stuff XD

Can't tell from the pic, but they will also close up when eating. Looks like the sides are wrapped up around mouth. I have some that walk and others that split. They are relatives to anemones so they do both.

Can't tell from the pic, but they will also close up when eating. Looks like the sides are wrapped up around mouth. I have some that walk and others that split. They are relatives to anemones so they do both.

Yeah sorry about the pic, cameras don't like Blue LEDS i can get a better one with just the daylights if that would help

Yeah, cameras always add to the blue so if you have a separate blue, turn if off completely. Would be nice to see what you have and it gives you practice.

i have a whole tank of mushies and they

indeed "walk" and can walk all over the place.

my big red had literally walked an entire rock and

dropped liked 5 babies along the way until it just

fell off and i had to rubber band it to a frag. but then

i felt bad for it so i laid it in a nook on the rock it walked

hoping it'll attach. it's on it by two footholds right now,

streched.

silly thing. ha!

and ricordea mushies (yumas and floridas) definitely

walk too.

enjoy your first mushie! i love them!

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations!

Thanks! ITS A BOY XD

My jawbreaker shroom loves to walk all over. I have a baby about every month and a half.

Thats awesome, had a tank collapse last night and completely redid it and i came out this morning and i guess i put him in a spot he really liked :D

fishfreak0114

I have a couple that decided to go for a walk and left several babies (which grow insanely fast!) mine always seem to walk further away from the front of the tank though :(

Archived