Coral Vue Hydros

tetraodon

the reef solutions is what i was looking at, simple and a good price point,

They're great... Go for it.

The room my tank is in swings from 73 to 83 every day!

My tank (using a heater) was swinging 79 to 82, but after adding a fan with the reef safe solutions controller it stays 78-79.

• 2 weeks later...

i removed my refugium, and got a temp controller. i noticed my candy cane is receding, and my monti is not happy either. im really considering removing my biopellet reactor. im starting to think my alk test kit is bad or im doing something wrong, every time i test i come out with 9.8 hasnt moved at all for almost 2 months.

The great barrier reef is 72F in the winter. In the summer it is 82-84F. That is a giant temp swing. Corals are more resilient than we give them credit for. As for the OPs tank how long had you been running the biopellets?

get a full set of tests from the LFS if you can.

BP strip the water so maybe turning it off will help.

when im there next i will, and how long is it safe to turn them off without having the bacteria die off?

The great barrier reef is 72F in the winter. In the summer it is 82-84F. That is a giant temp swing. Corals are more resilient than we give them credit for. As for the OPs tank how long had you been running the biopellets?

a big swing seasonaly, little different then 72 night 84 day haha, and ive had the reactor running for 9 months at least

Archived