ReefCleaners.org

Help with ID corals

uwharrie

I should have written down what these are. Sorry for the crappy cell phone photos, need to figure out how to alter the color to show more correctly

Not fully open thinking possibly Acan?

IMG_2352.jpg

IMG_2351.jpg

IMG_2349.jpg

and was told this is a Duncan ( still has not opened fully since getting it sunday)

IMG_2350.jpg

top is an acan, the two middle are closed brains and the bottom is a duncan. put the brains in low to medium light for know and adapt them higher. what cell phone are you using? some phones do great with the blue light others done, i usually just turn off my blue lights and their colors show reasonably true with it

That makes me feel better as I was what I suspected they were. I am using an iPhone 5

the acan and brains are on the bottom of the tank right now. they were under pretty high lights at lfs and they said that my lights should be fine but not taking a chance

top is an acan, the two middle are closed brains and the bottom is a duncan. put the brains in low to medium light for know and adapt them higher. what cell phone are you using? some phones do great with the blue light others done, i usually just turn off my blue lights and their colors show reasonably true with it

That makes me feel better as I was what I suspected they were. I am using an iPhone 5

most phones or even cameras dont do well with the blue lights we use, are you able to control lights at all?

I can turn the main blues off but the other set has some blue ( Steve's LEDs,) might try using the "moonlights)

most phones or even cameras dont do well with the blue lights we use, are you able to control lights at all?

I can turn the main blues off but the other set has some blue ( Steve's LEDs,) might try using the "moonlights)

some blue is ok, just dont want an overwhelming blue tint, just play around with it until you find what your phone/camera likes. i got lucky my new phone can compensate for the blue and pics come out great

all good, i really want a porthole from avast marine works, it allows you to dip the end of your dslr into the water for close up shots. they also make them for cell phones and such as well.

We use something very similar for pool inspections ( allows us to see the drain covers clearly) it is just a piece of PVC with clear acrylic sealed to the end. Never thought of it for photography!

all good, i really want a porthole from avast marine works, it allows you to dip the end of your dslr into the water for close up shots. they also make them for cell phones and such as well.

well guess what? One of the LFS DID tell me what I bought! I just did not read the receipt!

the Duncan is a "Whisker Duncan" It still does not seem really "out" but not knowing or remember how extended it was. The Acan was a "Orange/ Red eye"

Archived