Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Help me choose a light!

Travis

I've been going over this for weeks now. Back and forth over the right choice for my new tank.

Background:

Tank: JBJ 45g Rimless 26.5 long x 21 deep x 19 tall.

I can not suspended anything from the ceiling so a tank mount style is my only option.

I have an Apex so it would be cool to use it to controls the lights if I go with LED.

I want to be able to keep an acropora dominant tank . I don't need it to grow like a weed but do want it to maintain good color. I know lighting isn't the only factor here.

Needing some opinions.

I've seen the radions in person and I can honestly say I'm not impressed.

I am kind of leaning toward a Kessil a360we but I'm not sure what the spread would look like.

Yeh I read that too. I wonder if I kept my aquascape no wider than say 20" in the center how the edges would look? Plenty of room for the fish to swim! Lol.

Yeh I read that too. I wonder if I kept my aquascape no wider than say 20" in the center how the edges would look? Plenty of room for the fish to swim! Lol.

With a center aquascape, a Radion would be awesome.

Heres a quick picture from this afternoon. Its the older generation Radion

E803B01B-8E52-4716-8D87-EDD447FC1192_zps

Acros under the radion are doing great.

BD093AFA-39EF-4A07-A68F-7EAE3F6BE29A_zps

How is the light spread outside of the tank? Will I be blinded when sitting on a couch near the tank?

Nope, not at all. Zero.They are perfect for the 27"

I would suggest the center island as acros on the edges get sort of lit on one side only.

Is yours the xr30 or the older, two puck?

Its the XR30w gen 2.

All of the XR30w have 2 pucks, the XR15 has one puck.

The difference is the new models have more LEDs, better spectrum, and more efficient.

The reefbrite halide fissure would be sweet. You could always build a lamp tree onto the stand, then you'd be able to hang things like the halides. A kessil would be nice if you go LEDs.

Bump

The reefbrite halide fissure would be sweet. You could always build a lamp tree onto the stand, then you'd be able to hang things like the halides. A kessil would be nice if you go LEDs.

Yeh I think I could rig something like that.

Archived