Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Feeding Orange Spotted Goby and Pistol Shrimp

TieuMuchReefing

couple methods..

I broadcast feed, my clowns and tailspot get most of it.. but my female yasha will compete for food with them and she feeds both her male and her shrimp.

You could also take a 2-liter bottle, cut the top off and put it over hole the shirmp/gobie live in like a dome. Feed through the opening and nothing else can get in there to eat their food. That's more work than I am willing to do twice a day.

Gobies can be jumpers. Check to make sure he didn't go carpet surfing. Most likely though its just in a hole with the shrimp. I didn't see my first yasha much at all for the first week I had it.

TieuMuchReefing

i bought him yesterday with the shrimp and they been paired up at the store.

as soon as they went in my tank they did the same. He was happy all day yesterday and last night. This morning and now I still cant find him.. I checked my floors and i dont see him jumped out or anything.. not sure if he is dead or did my firefish goby kill him or something.

I've had my Yasha hide for no reason a couple of times. Sometimes a week or more. I almost bought another Goby at one point but held off luckily as he popped back out again. All glad and happy.

Archived