SaltCritters.com

What do you feed your coral?

Odobenus rosmarus

Odobenus rosmarus

I'm starting a tank and coral feeding is something that I know nothing about. I don't know how I had success in my last tank without feeding my corals but I realize now how important it is and I would like to know a little more about it. What kinds of foods do coral eat? Do different corals (SPS, LPS, soft) eat different foods? How do I feed my corals? What are some popular brands of coral food? What do you feed your coral?

Reef frenzy, oyster feast and coral frenzy is what I feed. I have palys, zoas, lps and leathers when I feed I turn off all pumps broadcast the mixture in the tank wait about 20 minutes and turn it all back on.

Odobenus rosmarus

Reef frenzy, oyster feast and coral frenzy is what I feed. I have palys, zoas, lps and leathers when I feed I turn off all pumps broadcast the mixture in the tank wait about 20 minutes and turn it all back on.

How often do you feed this to your tank? I have a 4.3 gallon cube that is going to be exclusively zoas and palys and maybe some LPS. I've been reading on feeding nano tanks and most people will feed 30 mins before a water change, would this be useful too?

How often do you feed this to your tank? I have a 4.3 gallon cube that is going to be exclusively zoas and palys and maybe some LPS. I've been reading an on nano tanks and most people will feed 30 mins before a water change, would this be useful too?

For a tank that size you really want to feed before a water change, make sure you use a turkey baster to blow your rocks after feeding. The lps are the ones that do best when fed the zoas and palys do eat but I find they don't change their growth as much.

Odobenus rosmarus

The lps are the ones that do best when fed the zoas and palys do eat but I find they don't change their growth as much.

Do you think it would still be beneficial to feed the zoas and palys anyways? I'm also planning on having one BTA with a porcelain anemone crab and 3 sexy shrimp, would the shrimp, crab, and anemone require different food than I would be feeding the zoanthids?

I also wanted to ask about feeding phytoplankton? The porcelain anemone crab is a filter feeder and people say that it benefits from feeding phytoplankton, so do the rest of the corals and inverts in the tank.

i have a JBJ 45 and completely filled with corals... All LPS, clams, zoas, mushrooms, leathers, and a single SPS stylo colony... I have a little of every single coral.... I target feed each and every one with Phyto Feast and notice actual impressive growth and coloration, as well as extension from my euphyllia's... lighting is the biggest factor in my opinion though, nothing will grow unless you have sufficient lighting... But i fill up a needle or syringe with about 5 mL of Phyto Feast, turn off my pumps, and target feed each and every piece of coral, except my clam... i also dose weekly with 3 Aquavitro products: Fuel, Calcification, and Eight.Four

Archived