Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Honey Look What I got.....

basser1

Ok that's morbidly funny. Thank god they dropped the hammer on that whole situation. Even as a kid, the one time I went to Sea Wrold I felt really sorry for those creatures.

They didn't drop the hammer. The are only ending the shows at the San Diego facility. Shows continue at others. They will continue to have Orcas in captivity as well as continuing the breeding programs.

Its BS

orcas_in_a_bag.jpg

Haha, that's hilarious.

SeaWorld has gotten better over time, but I agree that they still have room for improvement. I feel this latest change is an effort to provide their animals with better lives, and their guests with a better experience. In the end, it might be better for the animals, the guests, and SeaWorld itself. I hope that they continue to improve their habitats.

In my visit to SeaWorld (years ago), I remember sitting in awe of these magnificent animals, which I would never have seen otherwise. Training is important to the captive life of the whales (and is intellectually challenging for them); however, I'm not upset that these performances, for the crowds, are being discontinued in San Diego.

I don't believe that SeaWorld itself is bad. With their resources, they rescue, rehabilitate, and return animals to the wild. They also educate people, support conservation, and perform scientific research. SeaWorld is more than just the amusement parks that people visit.

From the Fish Store!!

I saw this on another site about SeaWorld ending their Orca show in San Diego.

orcas_in_a_bag.jpg

" they were buy one-get one, and they had them mis-priced at only 20 dollars!"

Archived