Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

Sooooo, i been hiding this copperband butterfly in my Spec V for 3 days now. It was eating mysis at the LFS in a tank full of tangs so I figure it's tough. Tonight I finally got it to eat some mysis. I plan to keep it in the Spec V for 3-4 weeks and train it to eat Larry's and mysis. You can tell all the nasty algae that grew in the back wall in the past 3 days from me feeding it a lot....This is probably my favorite fish from my childhood.

29191392655_bab0efda9e_z.jpg

You're my hero, he's awesome :wub:

• Like 5

That's like one of my holy grail fish. I've always loved them but always heard how fussy they are and never had the right size tank for one. Sounds like you found a tough one :).

Hoping for the best!

i hope you have a cover for that tank :S Cool fish! i want one as well

you got me scared so I put on a lid. never crossed my mind a butterfly fish will jump but you can never be tooo careful

That fish looks exceptionally cute in that tank. :lol:

Your latest FTS is fantastic. Love the long tanks!!

Thanks! The tank is slowly filling up. If the acros start growing, it should look pretty nice in 6-12 months.

You're my hero, he's awesome :wub:

B)

• Like 3
Cencalfishguy56

Sooooo, i been hiding this copperband butterfly in my Spec V for 3 days now. It was eating mysis at the LFS in a tank full of tangs so I figure it's tough. Tonight I finally got it to eat some mysis. I plan to keep it in the Spec V for 3-4 weeks and train it to eat Larry's and mysis. You can tell all the nasty algae that grew in the back wall in the past 3 days from me feeding it a lot....This is probably my favorite fish from my childhood.

29191392655_bab0efda9e_z.jpg

beautiful fish man! Lol it kinda looks cool in the spec V :lol:
  • Like 5

Video of copperband eating like a champ =). It doesn't like Larry Reef Frenzy though. Blah. Watch the clownfish in the other tank go crazy when I drop the food. lol. poor guy.

Awesome fish! I've always wanted one of those.
Tank looks legit man.

Thanks. Welcome back to Chicagolandish area!

beautiful fish man! Lol it kinda looks cool in the spec V :lol:

Haha. I will probably get banned from this forum if I permanently keep the copperband here.

• Like 12

oops, apparently my dosing container for Alk been empty for a long time. No wonder my alk keeps dropping no matter how much I increase my dosing. great start to keeping acros. sigh. alk at 5.7 right now.

Oh no!! Bring it back up slowly!

That actually is probably a contributing factor to your clam letting go of its rock.

• Like 1

Oh no!! Bring it back up slowly!

That actually is probably a contributing factor to your clam letting go of its rock.

I want to get it to around 7.5. Water change tomorrow will help. Then just let normal dosing get it back up.

• Like 2

oops, apparently my dosing container for Alk been empty for a long time. No wonder my alk keeps dropping no matter how much I increase my dosing. great start to keeping acros. sigh. alk at 5.7 right now.

I am ashamed to admit how many times this has happened to me between the three tanks. So I won't :blush:

• Like 4

Catching up- butterfly is sweet- when are you transferring?

It's been eating so well that I may transfer next week. That will make it a two week QT.

I keep thinking, "Wow, my SPS are going great now! Look at how much two part they're sucking up!" Yeah, not so much, :lol:

hahahah. that's how i felt too when I got 5.7 alk. "wow, those new acro frags really suck up alk fast".

New coral pics?!

BTA is hiding under a ledge. Frogspawn is in the Fluval Evo and just did a water change. Katropora is in there too. The frogspawn looks awesome under the new Nanobox Tide. Will grab a pic tomorrow.

• Like 3

BTA crawled into a hole somewhere. I think the crevice I put it in goes underneath the rock. I think I see some of its tentacle under the rock...blah. My RFAs been moving everywhere too. Anemones hate me =P. Maybe it's the Gyre water current that makes them want to wander...

• Like 1

BTA crawled into a hole somewhere. I think the crevice I put it in goes underneath the rock. I think I see some of its tentacle under the rock...blah. My RFAs been moving everywhere too. Anemones hate me =P. Maybe it's the Gyre water current that makes them want to wander...

Based on my very limited experience, they don't seem to like constant flow all in one direction. Which of course if what you get with a gyre.

On the other hand, mine reattached to the back wall and has now climbed all the way up to the top, right at the waterline. There's lots of flow there, mostly in one direction, but it's been there all day. So who knows...

• Like 2

Based on my very limited experience, they don't seem to like constant flow all in one direction. Which of course if what you get with a gyre.

On the other hand, mine reattached to the back wall and has now climbed all the way up to the top, right at the waterline. There's lots of flow there, mostly in one direction, but it's been there all day. So who knows...

the crevice where i put it gets low flow which is what I read is needed for them to retain their bubble tips. oh well. guess we are both in for a surprise tomorrow morning.

also, I got some AquaForest Vitality recently. I love how easy it is to dose this with drops instead of measuring millimeters. I can't wait to use up my other additives and go full on AquaForest.

• Like 1