inTank Media Baskets

Fluval Spec 3 Pico Reef

Tuffryu

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So did you close the pico?

Hi Anden,

I no longer have the 2.6 pico. Will start it up again at some point I'm sure.

• 1 month later...

Man it's been a while since I last posted. Busy busy at work.

So some updates and tragedies. I had my first water mishap where my HOB on the ADA became clogged up and it was spilling water all over the place - approximately 2 gallons worth :( The tank salinity dropped to about 1.10 so I quickly started mixing and adding salt. Lost a few frags due to this swing but fish and shrimp are okay.

I am convinced now that the All-in-1 tank is the way to go for my reef keeping capabilities so I've decided to move this tank (yet again) into a IM fusion 10 that I ordered yesterday. What a hobby LOL.

If anyone has any experiences with nano skimmers let me know. The IM Ghost desktop doesn't sound like the best option for the fusion 10. Will start a new thread for the fusion once it comes in.

New tank....again.

I'm planning to keep the ADA tank but will use it probably for a frag tank.

29943076091_362b8e042c_h.jpg

Tank is doing pretty good. Left the bleaching corals in there - ones from the power outage - and some are actually starting to come back. Anyways, will start a different thread for the Nuvo 10.

29398603624_b12392d34f_h.jpg

Looking forward to seeing how the Mame skimmer works. I've hear one or two reports from people that have said it worked OK in the IM10.

Looking forward to seeing how the Mame skimmer works. I've hear one or two reports from people that have said it worked OK in the IM10.

Will let you know.

I wanted something that was completely quiet and the ghost was just far too loud after seeing it at my LFS. If the Mame gets some of the nutrients I'd be happy, as I'm also dosing Red Sea NO3 and phosphate remover.

Archived