Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

does anyone have a flame angel in a 30L (36" long)

mtamorrow

I am really wanting a flame angel.

I have an IM Fusion 30L (36" long)

The scape allows for a lot of swimming room lengthwise front and back, as well as in between.

I am aware of the crap shot for corals.

If anyone has a 36" length with a flame angel, please let me know how it's going!

Thanks

Had one in my nuvo24 for over a year, then the tank cracked. He was happy, swam everywhere during the day, slept in his cave at night. I was going to get another for the fusion30, but didn't want to risk it, now that it's a SPS tank now.

Great!

It's great to hear from people who have experience with it.......My cycle is done and will be doing a big water change Friday and start the stocking process.

I will most likely add this fish last.

I think 36" is good for the small angels.

You should be good for dwarf Angels

I have one in a 60 and that sounds like enough room

Had one in my nuvo24 for over a year, then the tank cracked. He was happy, swam everywhere during the day, slept in his cave at night. I was going to get another for the fusion30, but didn't want to risk it, now that it's a SPS tank now.

Thanks Everyone.....I am considering a semi-aggressive tank with the following

1- yellowtail damsel

1 - orchid dotyback

1- red flame angel

1 - clown

Thoughts?

Its this or a completely peaceful tank.

Great!

It's great to hear from people who have experience with it.......My cycle is done and will be doing a big water change Friday and start the stocking process.

I will most likely add this fish last.

The flame does add a massive bio load. I would definitely add him last. Maybe feed, like he was in there for about a month before u put him in there. The semi-aggressive tank sounds pretty cool, but I would still drop the yellow tail damsel. If u want the color, sapphire damsel, can handle himself, and are pretty useful.

I would agree on the flame angel - as long as you have enough rock. So angels in general like to forage rock. If you have lots of rock with algaes, sponges, etc then less of a chance it will nip your corals. Also keep it well fed through a robust feeding routine.

The stocking list IMO is pretty good.

Now for my caution. Dwarf angels are very hardy fish and pretty much always wild caught. Expect it to have some nasties on it (no seriously almost every one I've seen has some sort of infestation). Do yourself and the fish a favor and have some praziquantel (prazi pro), and possibly some metronidazole with a food binder on hand (maybe some cupramine also?). Prazi is for external parasites and metro is for internal parasites. Cupramine is for crypto.

Ideally you would buy all the fish at once, put them in quarantine, and treat. Alternatively you can buy them over time and quarantine or if you're feeling lucky put them all into your display tank and use prazi-pro. You can feed metronidazole bound food in a reef tank as well. The copper, however, is not reef safe.

Archived