ReefCleaners.org

Liz's Fusion 10- NEW 6/17

Elizabeth94

Moved some things around. I didn't like the favia where it was because I feel like it limited other corals that I could have used that ledge for. Since they can do well on the sand bed I put it there. Looks better, but now I need something for the upper half. I am thinking some type of euphyllia?

Getting used to my new phone, so pics are very real to what I see.

What do you guys think I should put on the left ledge?? VIDEO DOWNLOADING NOW :)

20151203_140326_zpsmxr41gyn.jpg

20151203_140337_zpsmei4wtpt.jpg

20151203_141049_zpstxaybl5o.jpg

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://vid1310.photobucket.com/albums/s653/cottoncandyzz332/New%20Reef/20151203_140534_zpsto1q3d9w.mp4

Still can't figure out how to put videos up so they show up in this thread. I tried uploading to our gallery here and putting links from youtube and photo bucket.

So if you would like to watch, there is the link. Its only like two min's long. Enjoy my amateur video skills!! lol

http://vid1310.photobucket.com/albums/s653/cottoncandyzz332/New%20Reef/20151203_140534_zpsto1q3d9w.mp4

Still can't figure out how to put videos up so they show up in this thread. I tried uploading to our gallery here and putting links from youtube and photo bucket.

So if you would like to watch, there is the link. Its only like two min's long. Enjoy my amateur video skills!! lol

Cool video Elizabeth! I found if I uploaded to youtube, and then hit share I could download the video instead of just the link. I hope that helps.

Hello again,

Just came back from coral store and picked up an Aussi gold torch, three heads. I have always wanted one but never wanted to bring out the big bucks for one. Luckily, I feel I got a good deal. Paid $120 for three heads total. Two medium heads, and one small.

Ill get a pic up soon, but I hear these guys take a bit longer than other euphyllia to open up and get comfy. Maybe after work tomorrow.

Also got rid of the clownfish. Ill miss her, but now I can put my hands in the tank without being attacked.

Peek-a-boo! Mushroom showing off its stuff. Pretty cool picture. This is after I moved the rock its on to the back right corner of the tank to free up some room on the sanded for the favia.

20151204_121843_zpshgi7i09u.jpg

Peek-a-boo! Mushroom showing off its stuff. Pretty cool picture. This is after I moved the rock its on to the back right corner of the tank to free up some room on the sanded for the favia.

20151204_121843_zpshgi7i09u.jpg

:blush: I'm embarrased for looking up that mushroom's skirt

:lol:

Nice looking IM 10! What do you keep your MP 10 set at?

Thank you! Its just getting started, still have to upload some pictures tomorrow of the gold torch. Its very pretty.

My MP10 is on short pulse/wave mode (blue light setting). I only need to set it to about 20% so, the power is set on the second led dot. Then I made my pulse the longest pulse available (all the way to the right led (easier to understand what I mean if you are familiar with the mp10's).

I used to have it a little stronger, but with the return and the short width of the tank, everything was getting blasted. I do move the pump around depending on my coral placements. With such a small tank, there won't be the luxury of moving the unhappy corals around once the tank gets full. My torch really only has one good spot to display it, so now I have to place corals based on that from now on. Lots of planning!

So, I was starting to regret buying the torch due to how much it costed me, but when I came home after work I saw how beautiful it was. I know $120 isn't a lot compared to the cost of many other corals, but I am a broke college student lol. I usually try to spend under $80 for a coral..

Anyway, here it is, it is really beautiful under the moonlighting/blues.

Overall, I am really loving this little tank. Maintenance is so easy, so I never feel like it is a chore like my old tank. Everything has been going along so smoothly. I may add my first sps in another month or so. I want to get an easy sps for the top rock that will become one of the main displays. Im thinking a birdsnest, pocillopora, or maybe even a green slimer... I only tried one sps in the past and ended up burning it with my radion led's

20151205_172540_zpsgphqh4if.jpg

20151205_172619_zps8epewryo.jpg

I couldn't imagine my mp10 in my nuvo... my hand can't even get in there to.clean. lol

For some reason it looks big in the picture, but its actually not bad. It hasn't gotten in the way yet, we will see. I know a couple people on here have the mp10 on this tank. I have tiny hands B)

What do you run? Always looking for more information and possibilities for this tank.

righttirefire

My nuvo is an 8, with a mj900 and spinstream for return, with 50w heater and tunze nano ato sensor in the final chamber, a Mangrove in the second chamber, and inTank media basket, filter floss and chemi-pure blue nano in the first chamber

My mp10 is on my 20 long opposing my return nozzles

Overall, I am really loving this little tank. Maintenance is so easy, so I never feel like it is a chore like my old tank. Everything has been going along so smoothly. I may add my first sps in another month or so. I want to get an easy sps for the top rock that will become one of the main displays. Im thinking a birdsnest, pocillopora, or maybe even a green slimer... I only tried one sps in the past and ended up burning it with my radion led's

For SPS, I'd suggest starting with a Montipora or two and see how they do in your system. They are generally tough and typically don't react as negatively to alk swings. M. setosa and the 'Sunset Monti' are two of my favorites that are quite light adaptable, too, as well as the branching M. digitata.

Thanks for the advice, I will def look into the digitata's. My monti cap was green with a purple rim. It bleached within the first couple weeks in my old system. Such a shame, it was a beautiful piece.

I think I will pick up a bubble magus doser for christmas so I can make this tank a bit more stable for sps. I know alkalinity is one thing that really needs to stay spot on for these guys.

righttirefire

For SPS, I'd suggest starting with a Montipora or two and see how they do in your system. They are generally tough and typically don't react as negatively to alk swings. M. setosa and the 'Sunset Monti' are two of my favorites that are quite light adaptable, too, as well as the branching M. digitata.

Awesome suggestions! Love my setosa and digi!

• 2 weeks later...

Planning on going to the fish store today. Have to pick up a new wet side for my mp10 I hope it got delivered.

Everything is doing great, so I may even come home with the first sps for this little tank. Taking it slow as I did with my last tank. I am pretty confident that this tank is ready for an "easy" sps. But I guess I won't know until I put one in. Pics to come if I find a the right piece tonight.

Meanwhile... This pic shows how much the torch extends when the pumps are off. This guy is three and a half heads right now.

20151216_130138_zpszrd12q7r.jpg

Here you can see how green the mouths are. Love the coloring of the gold torches. They have a metallic sheen to them. By far my favorite coral so far, definitely the show piece.

20151216_130227_zpsq0e2sfec.jpg

The large acan has a baby that has grown from the size of a pencil eraser to a nickel since I have had it. I will have to get a picture, everyone loves babies.

That torch is nice! Any luck with the MP10?

The fish store didn't get shipment yesterday, but it should be there later today. I hope anyway.. The noise level has gotten much worse since I noticed the crack in the wet side. I think I caught it just in time. I was surprised to see the crack though since I have never had an issue with this pump.

When I get the new one I will probably open up the old wet side to see whats going on inside.

reefernanoman

Planning on going to the fish store today. Have to pick up a new wet side for my mp10 I hope it got delivered.

Everything is doing great, so I may even come home with the first sps for this little tank. Taking it slow as I did with my last tank. I am pretty confident that this tank is ready for an "easy" sps. But I guess I won't know until I put one in. Pics to come if I find a the right piece tonight.

Meanwhile... This pic shows how much the torch extends when the pumps are off. This guy is three and a half heads right now.

20151216_130138_zpszrd12q7r.jpg

Here you can see how green the mouths are. Love the coloring of the gold torches. They have a metallic sheen to them. By far my favorite coral so far, definitely the show piece.

20151216_130227_zpsq0e2sfec.jpg

The large acan has a baby that has grown from the size of a pencil eraser to a nickel since I have had it. I will have to get a picture, everyone loves babies.

Looks good! Did you ever get the goby/PS shrimp pair? If you do, I would stick with a candy PS and not a tiger PS, since tigers get way bigger and are much more aggressive. I have experience with both.

Cool video Elizabeth! I found if I uploaded to youtube, and then hit share I could download the video instead of just the link. I hope that helps.

Yup, that's how I do it too. Good tip.

Looks good! Did you ever get the goby/PS shrimp pair? If you do, I would stick with a candy PS and not a tiger PS, since tigers get way bigger and are much more aggressive. I have experience with both.

Yup, that's how I do it too. Good tip.

Thanks for the compliment!

I did not get the shrimp goby pair yet, and now I am having second thoughts about it. I really don't know if I want to deal with them kicking sand around on any corals I put on the sand bed. Right now I like the one fish in this small tank, I think the bioload with a goby and shrimp would be pushing it for my system, unless I get rid of the damsel.

Do they really move sand all over corals like I have read? I don't want my acans to get bothered by them, I know how sensitive my acans have been in the past.

reefernanoman

Thanks for the compliment!

I did not get the shrimp goby pair yet, and now I am having second thoughts about it. I really don't know if I want to deal with them kicking sand around on any corals I put on the sand bed. Right now I like the one fish in this small tank, I think the bioload with a goby and shrimp would be pushing it for my system, unless I get rid of the damsel.

Do they really move sand all over corals like I have read? I don't want my acans to get bothered by them, I know how sensitive my acans have been in the past.

Yeah, at the beginning pistol shrimp are very active and can create a storm. Mine has settled down and only digs to keep its tunnels open, but yes it can get annoying.

So I take it as they are neat creatures that you guys have love/hate relationships with. I feel I need some more action in the tank, and a little pistol shrimp or goby might do it. I was also thinking about some sort of crab, but I don't feed the tank enough to keep it from picking at things it shouldn't be since they are opportunistic.

I like my sexy shrimp. They're small and while they trample on everything, mine have never actually tried to eat anything valuable.

Fair warning: there are others here on NR who haven't had the same luck and will tell you they hate sexy shrimp :)

Archived