Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Java's Artisan II 70 - Lots of Pics and Growth

JavaJacketOC

Honey I'm home. :)

Welcome back, Kotter! Not enough pics on Insta, gonna need to see an album of your trip!

Also, I got some sh*t done this morning.

l3G8Svd.jpg?1

qnAGazp.jpg?1

zQOkzYC.jpg?1

Using a union on the return tube so that I can easily remove the pump for cleaning. Gonna hit Home Depot later today for some pvc connectors and tubing to complete the connections. Also, waiting to hear back from Lawnman about how much clearance I'll need between the bottom of the sump and the drain for the debris trapper, gonna need to cut down the drain piping a little

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished the plumbing for now...going to add the union to the return but need to cut some more of the piping before it'll fit correctly....for now it'll work....water is mixing.

R2bZ9uj.jpg?1

Looks great, nice and clean.

Thanks. I added the union today and picked up some black plastic hose clamps. Once I know everything is functioning well I'll add the clamps and call it a day. Unfortunately I'm stuck at the nitrite stage for the new sand and rocks so can't do anything else until they're ready.

KA0lSYS.jpg?1

The plumbing looks great! This guy has black tubing in stock. http://www.sccorals.com/He is in San Diego and would ship it to you. You fill it with water yet? I know freshwater is a bit different than saltwater but while your waiting for your rock and sand to cure I would fill it up with freshwater and dial in your plumbing.

Will you need a barbed fitting off the return pump? Could just be the picture, but looks like the vinyl hose could slip off the pvc.

It's a pretty snug fit, I'm going to get it all the way on then clamp it.

The plumbing looks great! This guy has black tubing in stock. http://www.sccorals.com/He is in San Diego and would ship it to you. You fill it with water yet? I know freshwater is a bit different than saltwater but while your waiting for your rock and sand to cure I would fill it up with freshwater and dial in your plumbing.

I have about 50 gallons of salt mixing in the display but the return is only a mag5, should be pretty low flow without much to adjust. Mostly concerned about transferring the current tank over. Just need to get the light mounted tomorrow then wait for the GD rock to finish cycling.

Got the lighting done...this is the 120w razor with White:85% and Blue:100%

cSJ0Wh0.jpg?1

Also, a really good LFS in Orange has about 25 leopard wrasses, normals and reds mostly...he got pink ones in since the last time I visited...they're amazeballs. I left the picture at full size so you can blow it up and get a good look.

Pink Leopard on the left and I think the one in the back right is a red

b5iZfew.jpg

Got the lighting done...this is the 120w razor with White:85% and Blue:100%

cSJ0Wh0.jpg?1

Also, a really good LFS in Orange has about 25 leopard wrasses, normals and reds mostly...he got pink ones in since the last time I visited...they're amazeballs. I left the picture at full size so you can blow it up and get a good look.

Pink Leopard on the left and I think the one in the back right is a red

b5iZfew.jpg

If you're ever interested in another practically brand new 120w razor I have one. It also has retrofitted t5's :)

If you're ever interested in another practically brand new 120w razor I have one. It also has retrofitted t5's :)

I wouldn't mind the t5retros if you want to sell them alone but I've actually been trying to sell this one so I can get a Reefbreeders 32" or something. Really would like more power over this tank but the t5's would probably help a lot.

Sure, it's the Aquatic Life reflectors, ballast and everything... I'll include 2 ATI Blue+ bulbs that are on it, 2 months old. 100$

Got a link to what you have? Can't seem to find the retro kit.

This build is just begging for an ATI Fixture B)

Also, if you can its best not to put horizontal runs in a herbie drain. Makes it harder to get a syphon going. My CADlights tank takes forever to start the syphon back up even without horizontal runs. I with they would use proper sized plumbing and have an equally sized backup drain. One of my biggest gripes of their tanks...

This build is just begging for an ATI Fixture B)

Also, if you can its best not to put horizontal runs in a herbie drain. Makes it harder to get a syphon going. My CADlights tank takes forever to start the syphon back up even without horizontal runs. I with they would use proper sized plumbing and have an equally sized backup drain. One of my biggest gripes of their tanks...

I've been considering T5's, someone has a 6 bulb controllable 36" fixture but I just can't bite the bullet...I love the shimmer and T5's are expensive to replace bulbs every year or two. So far I'm liking the coverage with this razor...If I come across an amazing reefbreeders photon 32 I'll probably end up going with that but not in a rush.

The tank is a couple years old, just has a single 1.5" durso drain.

Sure, it's the Aquatic Life reflectors, ballast and everything... I'll include 2 ATI Blue+ bulbs that are on it, 2 months old. 100$

Thanks wretched. I'll check this out and let you know. Honestly I want a bigger light in general but if nothing great comes along in the near future, adding the T5's is probably the best route.

I've been considering T5's, someone has a 6 bulb controllable 36" fixture but I just can't bite the bullet...I love the shimmer and T5's are expensive to replace bulbs every year or two. So far I'm liking the coverage with this razor...If I come across an amazing reefbreeders photon 32 I'll probably end up going with that but not in a rush.

The tank is a couple years old, just has a single 1.5" durso drain.

To be quite honest, the Razors are some of the worst lights you can use for SPS. A photon would be much better, even though I much prefer T5. Adam@Battlecorals uses the Reefbreeders to great success.

To be quite honest, the Razors are some of the worst lights you can use for SPS. A photon would be much better, even though I much prefer T5. Adam@Battlecorals uses the Reefbreeders to great success.

What makes them terrible?

Have been waiting for my rock and sand to finish cycling...I ended up picking up some cycled rock from an existing tank a few days ago. I expected that the cycle would start all over again since it was not actually in water when I got it but this rock had been pulled from a long established tank 3 days prior and after I did a RODI dip for about 2 hours I popped it into the cycle bin and my 5ppm nitrites dropped to 0 within a few hours with only a small ammonia spike. Today everything is 0, going to get this transfer going tomorrow!

Lots happened today.

1. One of the flashers in QT went belly up, however the other looks like he's doing really well
  2. I went back to Tongs to look for a female, they had what looked like it could be one...belly up
  3. Considered buying the pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasses until I noticed the male breathing super fast and a row of white spots on his back
  4. Went to Seaside Tropical (about another 20 min south of Tongs) they had some really cool fairy and flasher wrasses but no pairs so I decided to just wait
  5. Got home and started setting up the tank....all hell broke loose but I ended up with this (Sorry it's still a little cloudy):

8MCK7aK.jpg

Is the cheato in the right compartment? I feel like it should be in the 2nd compartment so the water has to go through it

80ZjxCX.jpg

It can go in any chamber really. The water still has to pass through it wherever you put it. I like it where you have it so the frag section doesn't get little bits of cheato stuck in there.

It can go in any chamber really. The water still has to pass through it wherever you put it. I like it where you have it so the frag section doesn't get little bits of cheato stuck in there.

Yeah, I don't plan on having frags for a while but the chamber it's in now the water passes over not through, I'm sure it'll be fine since the tank isn't heaving stocked. I'll keep using the grates for media.

I like the scape and all the flat surface area.

Sorry to hear about the fish.

Thanks, this scape is not what I planned on but I really like how it came out. I like small fish so lots of hiding areas and overhangs are good.

Archived