inTank Media Baskets

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

That is Funny! But, I wonder how many other New to Salt Water keepers ask some, um, "Oddball" (Funny) Questions ;)

Ur in a great Place Mspaklym :D

OMG- I was the worst- Probably still am ;-) But at least I laugh at myself and encourage others to do so! My heart is in the right place but the technical side has been tough for me to grasp. Honestly I get my best information here but in the beginning I was just relying on cruising the local shop. I went twice a month for 6 months before getting a tank. And then I finally took the plunge and purchased my BC. Ready for this gem? I went home only to find out the lights didn't work. I was so annoyed I packed the whole thing back up and drove back to explain my dilemma. They took it out of the box and.... well I guess I didn't notice the other plug! :o:o:wacko::wacko:

Oopsie!! Confident I rank pretty high up on the dumb questions/mistakes customer list. Lucky for me the crew really appreciates free swag so I sugarcoat with Jameson and Absolut tshirts/flasks/phone chargers.

Love my flipper it's amazing.

What is a flipper and why don't I have one? Full name?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG- I was the worst- Probably still am ;-) But at least I laugh at myself and encourage others to do so! My heart is in the right place but the technical side has been tough for me to grasp. Honestly I get my best information here but in the beginning I was just relying on cruising the local shop. I went twice a month for 6 months before getting a tank. And then I finally took the plunge and purchased my BC. Ready for this gem? I went home only to find out the lights didn't work. I was so annoyed I packed the whole thing back up and drove back to explain my dilemma. They took it out of the box and.... well I guess I didn't notice the other plug! :o:o:wacko::wacko:

Oopsie!! Confident I rank pretty high up on the dumb questions/mistakes customer list. Lucky for me the crew really appreciates free swag so I sugarcoat with Jameson and Absolut tshirts/flasks/phone chargers.

What is a flipper and why don't I have one? Full name?

Search flipper cleaner - it's awesome!! It's a bit harder to use in the biocube because of the curved corners and slightly bowed front. But I used one - just went really slow on the front and the corners. Get the nano one for the biocube.

Jeff did a great job taking care of the tanks while I was gone last week!

Here's a video of Magellan the fox face and popeye the wrasse (who's eye has completely healed - looks like nothing ever happened!):

And a life in the reef video:

This is one of the toads in my macro tank. They are all doing so much better! Not 100% yet but keeping polyps out every day. All at the same time! So there's definitely something in this tank the toads don't like:

And here's the little hitchhiker goby in my macro tank! I named him Willy since he was free. Get it?

Alveopora videos:

And I finally found a nice sized yellow polyp gorgonian.

And of course a few boating photos:

Jeff taking the boat down to the Yamaha guy for the 30 hour oil change and check up:

And a couple of more photos from today. We got up at 4:45, got down to the boat at about 5:45 and went fishing. Didn't catch shit but had a good time.

Tank before 5 - yay for moonlights!

https://instagram.com/p/BKxrxA4gVJ6/

https://instagram.com/p/BKyT4LRgJaG/

https://instagram.com/p/BKyTsu3gGaf/

Not sure what I did wrong - those posts don't seem to want to embed.

Alveopora videos:

Jeff taking the boat down to the Yamaha guy for the 30 hour oil change and check up:

And a couple of more photos from today. We got up at 4:45, got down to the boat at about 5:45 and went fishing. Didn't catch shit but had a good time.

Jeff did a great job taking care of the tanks while I was gone last week!

Here's a video of Magellan the fox face and popeye the wrasse (who's eye has completely healed - looks like nothing ever happened!):

And a life in the reef video:

This is one of the toads in my macro tank. They are all doing so much better! Not 100% yet but keeping polyps out every day. All at the same time! So there's definitely something in this tank the toads don't like:

And here's the little hitchhiker goby in my macro tank! I named him Willy since he was free. Get it?

Alveopora videos:

https://instagram.com/p/BKxrxA4gVJ6/

https://instagram.com/p/BKyT4LRgJaG/

https://instagram.com/p/BKyTsu3gGaf/

Not sure what I did wrong - those posts don't seem to want to embed.

I love Free Willy!

Isn't he adorable?!? He's only about an inch to 1.5 long. I wish I knew what kind of goby so I could find more.

Is that one of the gobies that came with the feeder ghost shrimp? If so I have 5 of them in the seahorse tank. I thought perhaps they were bridled gobies but I am not sure.

Is that one of the gobies that came with the feeder ghost shrimp? If so I have 5 of them in the seahorse tank. I thought perhaps they were bridled gobies but I am not sure.

It is!!! They're so stinking cute!! I've been thinking about contacting the ghost shrimp guy to see if he will send me some of those specifically!

It is!!! They're so stinking cute!! I've been thinking about contacting the ghost shrimp guy to see if he will send me some of those specifically!

He might, I talk to him by phone and texting since I order shrimp regularly. He's a nice guy. It probably would depend on how hard it is for him to separate the gobies out from the rest. The other thing I have noticed is that different hitchhikers are seasonal. Some batches have a lot of gobies and my last batch had none.

He might, I talk to him by phone and texting since I order shrimp regularly. He's a nice guy. It probably would depend on how hard it is for him to separate the gobies out from the rest. The other thing I have noticed is that different hitchhikers are seasonal. Some batches have a lot of gobies and my last batch had none.

Good points!!!!! The only way I have to get in touch with him is via eBay so I figured I would send him a lease there! He does seem super nice and helpful.

Good points!!!!! The only way I have to get in touch with him is via eBay so I figured I would send him a lease there! He does seem super nice and helpful.

I have as many gobies as I want....I wonder if I get a batch of shrimp with gobies if I could package them back up and overnight them to your house? You could have them for the price of the shipping.

I have as many gobies as I want....I wonder if I get a batch of shrimp with gobies if I could package them back up and overnight them to your house? You could have them for the price of the shipping.

I would love that, Dawn!!!!

Is your toadstool really that pink? It's so pretty. I'm gonna move my little one to Gert's tank. I give up on it in my 40g.

Yeah see if it does better. I finally gave up on mine and moved them and they all look much better! It's definitely not that pink - I run coral compulsion refugium par bulbs over the macro tank and they definitely have more red LEDs and that doesn't mix well with my iPhone camera :lol: it's actually more purplish

Nice Gorgs gurl.

Where have you been?.......Get off that R2R.....Honestly I am surprised the puritans that run and moderate that site havent banned you yet. (thats a compliment)

A couple of updates! Day 329 for this tank!

This could be a problem:

Mr. Grumper in the macro tank:

And Free Willie!

Palys:

Zoas:

Is your toadstool really that pink? It's so pretty. I'm gonna move my little one to Gert's tank. I give up on it in my 40g.

Those come out of Fiji as "Speckled" leathers. I think Walt needs to rename it pink polyped because in the thousand or so leathers I've ordered from him I've yet to get something that's "speckled". They come in and some have pink polyps, some with yellow, it's a roll of the dice with them. Still a damn cool toady.

Looking good and what problem? mantle touching?

Yeah - acans can be mean suckers so I get worried they will sting the clam. I moved them apart

Archived