Coral Vue Hydros

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That tunicate looks extra cozy under that bed cover.

it does doesn't it?? It looks like ET I think :lol: it's saying phone home!

Is that the blue tree I sent you? It looks great.

Actually it's a different one I picked up from live aquaria - photosynthetic stereonepthia.

The blue tree is doing well tho! I will Have to take some photos. It hasn't grown a ton but it has grown. How much flow does it like? I think I might have it in too much

it does doesn't it?? It looks like ET I think :lol: it's saying phone home!

Actually it's a different one I picked up from live aquaria - photosynthetic stereonepthia.

The blue tree is doing well tho! I will Have to take some photos. It hasn't grown a ton but it has grown. How much flow does it like? I think I might have it in too much

Not too high. The pieces that look best for me are in high light and medium random flow.

Not too high. The pieces that look best for me are in high light and medium random flow.

Ok cool! I think I'll move it to a bit less flow, but keep it in the high light. Thanks ST!

A few fotos for this Monday:

I thought this was cool. A little tunicate on a lobo:

DIBTCbQ.jpg

Also, my duncan is looking much better!

68rI2NO.jpg

Purple tree:

k0wj4Ky.jpg

Acans:

4gv3hNQ.jpg

YbFjxAK.jpg

Cinnamon polyp:

rUib9Yi.jpg

Pinstripe favia:

H5o6oLl.jpg

Two of the five redspots:

X7Iukp2.jpg

Corkies:

sPS9rDM.jpg

Another shot of the cardinals (it is impossible to get a photo of all five of them together):

KHp8UeG.jpg

You can see all of them in this shot if you look closely:

QQrpygX.jpg

Great pics stella. Your tank is filling in very nicely. I like the fullness of it...it has a jungle look about it and I mean that in a good way.

I could see all 5 cardinals!

Great pics stella. Your tank is filling in very nicely. I like the fullness of it...it has a jungle look about it and I mean that in a good way.

I could see all 5 cardinals!

Thanks Dawn! I do like jungles for sure :)

I'm trying to figure out why my toadstools are ticked off. They've been shedding, opening for a day and shedding again. So I think one of the three leathers I added about a month ago isn't playing nice with the others so my next job is to figure out which one it is. Ben thinks the yellow fiji.

All other corals seem happy - just the toads keep getting ticked off. So weird! And none of them are really close to each other except two. But they've always been close to each other with no ill effects.

Elizabeth94

Crap. I really like the look of this tank! It almost makes me want to take my sps out and throw in a whole bunch of softies! Or maybe it would be easier with a second tank...

If vlangel hadn't said anything about all those cardinals I don't think I would have seen all of them. They are really pretty little fish.

Crap. I really like the look of this tank! It almost makes me want to take my sps out and throw in a whole bunch of softies! Or maybe it would be easier with a second tank...

If vlangel hadn't said anything about all those cardinals I don't think I would have seen all of them. They are really pretty little fish.

:blush: You just made my day, Elizabeth! I say second tank :) My leathers definitely didn't play nice with my SPS so when I made the decision to really go more softie and LPS, I traded them in at the LFS before I killed them with leather toxins :lol:

Are there different species of Duncans? Most I've seen are kind of dull, with dull brown stalks/stems, but then there are some with brilliant green stalks. Are they different, or just cared for differently?

Are there different species of Duncans? Most I've seen are kind of dull, with dull brown stalks/stems, but then there are some with brilliant green stalks. Are they different, or just cared for differently?

That's a good question! There's got to be different species I'm thinking - I've also seen some with much smaller heads. I like the massive big head ones :)

But yeah, I'm curious about this too!

Is that corky finger growing fast? I'm thinking about some for my 10 gallon, but don't want it to take over.

Mine is not. It's growing tall, but not out at the base. if you get one, I would put it on a separate rock just in case so you can easily remove it from the tank and trim if you need to.

Haha that red tunicate is awesome! I love finding little hitchhikers in my tank :P

Me too! It's so much fun to see such diverse life. Except aiptaisa and bubble algae - I could do without those :)

Me too! It's so much fun to see such diverse life. Except aiptaisa and bubble algae - I could do without those :)

Meh... Hair algae is my #1 most hated hitchhiker but it's countered by feather dusters, tunicates and the tons of cool little iso/amphi pods ;)

The tank is looking beautiful Stella! :wub:
I love those Red Spot Cardinals, how long have you had those? And are they eating well for you?

The tank is looking beautiful Stella! :wub:

I love those Red Spot Cardinals, how long have you had those? And are they eating well for you?

Thank you, Yoshii!!! I've had them a couple weeks now. So far, they are eating really well! Mysis, pellets, cyclops, you name it. I was nervous a bit about them after reading how horrible they do with shipping and acclimating to new conditions. Knock on wood, they seem to be adjusting well.

Thank you, Yoshii!!! I've had them a couple weeks now. So far, they are eating really well! Mysis, pellets, cyclops, you name it. I was nervous a bit about them after reading how horrible they do with shipping and acclimating to new conditions. Knock on wood, they seem to be adjusting well.

Oh wow that's awesome! I've also read about how difficult they can be, but it's good to hear yours are doing so great! :happy:

How many do you have total?

Oh wow that's awesome! I've also read about how difficult they can be, but it's good to hear yours are doing so great! :happy:

How many do you have total?

5 total!!

Elizabeth94

Those acans look hungry :happy:

I never realized their appetite. Feed them, five mins later they want more. Little piggies.

Need more pictures, that last set was awesome. :)

:) thanks Mark!! I took some today actually! Will post in a bit. I have to get better about taking and posting photos

Those acans look hungry :happy:

I never realized their appetite. Feed them, five mins later they want more. Little piggies.

I know it!! It's crazy!!

Archived