inTank Media Baskets

Spectrapure 4 Stage - Does it also remove chlorine/chloramine?

pokerdobe

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. A 4 stage will remove chloramines, but very inefficiently. You would want to add another DI canister to effectively remove chloramines. So five stages.

Absolutely. Any good RO/DI with a 1 micron or preferrably 0.6 or 0.5 micron extruded carbon block, high rejection rate RO membrane and full size vertical DI with fresh resin will remove chloramines. The most critical part is actually the DI resin which is what removes most of the ammonia portion of the chloramines not the carbon as many vendors try to tell you. Any good 1 micron or smaller carbon block, provided it is protected by an equal size or smaller sediment filter will remove the chlorine portion of chloramines and break with the bond with the ammonia which is removed by the RO and the DI.

The Spectrapure is especially efficient since it has a well protected carbon block, a specially treated and batch tested high rejection rate RO membrane and reef specific custom blended DI resin.

Absolutely. Any good RO/DI with a 1 micron or preferrably 0.6 or 0.5 micron extruded carbon block, high rejection rate RO membrane and full size vertical DI with fresh resin will remove chloramines. The most critical part is actually the DI resin which is what removes most of the ammonia portion of the chloramines not the carbon as many vendors try to tell you. Any good 1 micron or smaller carbon block, provided it is protected by an equal size or smaller sediment filter will remove the chlorine portion of chloramines and break with the bond with the ammonia which is removed by the RO and the DI.

The Spectrapure is especially efficient since it has a well protected carbon block, a specially treated and batch tested high rejection rate RO membrane and reef specific custom blended DI resin.

That's exactly what I was looking for. Placing my order for the spectrapure 4 stage now.

Thanks!

Archived