Coral Vue Hydros

BioCube 14 Gallon

meatball

Hello,

I am new to the saltwalter world. I have a BioCube 14gallon set up. I am currently letting it cycle. My issue is I have tiny bubbles coming out of the powerhead. The best way I can describe it is like when you are pouring soda and you get the little bubbles. My questions are, does anyone hear have a BioCube 14 and have you had the same issue? If so, what was the fix you used? Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks.

Hi, I have the 29 gallon biocube. When you say bubbles coming out of the power head, do you mean the return pump from the rear chambers? If so, I'd make sure that you have the pump fully submerged. Also, the flexible tubing should come up from the pump and plug onto a 90* fitting in the back wall where the liquid then enters the main display. This fitting is exposed to the air. If there are any leaks in it or any of its joints, you could be picking up air and mixing it into the water stream.

Hi,

Thanks for replying. The pump is fully submerged. I have used teflon tape where the tube and elbow meet and where the elbow attaches to the power head. Stil...the bubbles remain. I am out of ideas. I have contacted Central and they sent me a new elbow. Didn't work, even with the tape. I contacted them today and they are sending me a new pump. My cube is still under warrenty. Luckily. If that does not work I am at a loss. Having these bubbles takes away from the beauty of the display.

Hi,

Thanks for replying. The pump is fully submerged. I have used teflon tape where the tube and elbow meet and where the elbow attaches to the power head. Stil...the bubbles remain. I am out of ideas. I have contacted Central and they sent me a new elbow. Didn't work, even with the tape. I contacted them today and they are sending me a new pump. My cube is still under warrenty. Luckily. If that does not work I am at a loss. Having these bubbles takes away from the beauty of the display.

How high is the water level in the pump chamber? The water must be significantly above the pump.

I have a 14g cube too. The only time the bubbles happen to me is when the water level in the 3rd chamber is to low. But if you say it's full idk.

Maybe you have a hole in the return tube?

Hi,

I believe I have solved the problem! Well at least some of it. I turned the nozzel slightly up towards the surface of the water to break the tension. I stop a great many of the bubbles but there are still some. I guess I will live with it.

Archived