Pod Your Reef

Ben's photos n stuffs

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Canon T2i

50mm f/1.8 II

13mm/35mm extension tubes

Found this guy as I was leaving this morning, so I scooped him up and took him with me for a photoshoot. It is a Xylophanes tersa caterpillar, will soon metamorphose into a sphinx hawk moth.

IMG_3938.jpg

IMG_3969.jpg

IMG_3998.jpg

Also, for anyone wondering, moving from a Sandisk Extreme U1 card to a Samsung Pro+ U3 card is wonderful when it comes to import times. Also using a USB3 card reader helps too lol.

Nice find.

I took these 2 years ago maybe.. both

Cannon Rebel XS

Cannon 100mm Macro

Black Swallowtail

IMG_3823.jpg

IMG_3818.jpg

Gulf Fritillary

IMG_3825.jpg

IMG_3826.jpg

jedimasterben

Canon T2i

50mm f/1.8 II

Took some family photos and such October 11th, here is a small selection of them. Was my first 'real' 'session' with people. AF was spot on in most photos but a lot it just barely missed.

IMG_3047.jpg

IMG_3096.jpg

IMG_3208.jpg

IMG_3186.jpg

IMG_3249.jpg

Went to a pumpkin patch October 18th with friends, despite overcast weather I got plenty of great shots without a lot of fussing with the camera.

IMG_3559.jpg

IMG_3627.jpg

IMG_3718.jpg

IMG_3767.jpg

IMG_3857.jpg

jedimasterben

Here are a bunch of misc shots of my cats, tank, etc. Most were shot with my T2i and the kit lens, some with a small extension tube, but most without.

IMG_1757.jpg

IMG_1892.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_2065.jpg

IMG_5604.jpg

IMG_7644.jpg

IMG_7662.jpg

IMG_8569.jpg

IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

The next set of shots were all taken with a Canon T1i and a Tamron A09E 28-75mm f/2.8 lens. Both belonged to a photography company my sister worked for and she would let me borrow them every once in a while when she was in town. I had no clue about different settings or how to compose shots and really had no clue how to properly use Lightroom, so exposures are all over the place, but somehow some of them turned out pretty nice - I think it was the lens covering up my noobness.

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

20121223-IMG_0022.jpg

20130502-IMG_0276.jpg

20130502-IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

jedimasterben

One more of Edgar because he is a tubby tubby and is currently licking a hole in my mouse-hand with his stupidly rough tongue.

IMG_4022.jpg

Here is another one of my 'hobbies', keeping Gerbera daisies, Gerbera jamesonii.

IMG_5846.jpg

IMG_5851.jpg

IMG_5858.jpg

IMG_6705.jpg

IMG_7680.jpg

IMG_20140718_090610552.jpg

IMG_9352.jpg

IMG_9362.jpg

IMG_9369.jpg

A 'double' flower, two stems that joined into one.

IMG_9378.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

I also love sunflowers. This is Helianthus annuus, the 'teddy bear' sunflower.

IMG_20140625_162350484.jpg

Sweet photos! Hopefully I'll be able to get some more like this!

Awesome pictures Ben !!

Thanks!

jedimasterben

mm my bad,. I didn't realize you were posting a bunch of pics. Sort of hijaked your pic thread. I'll remove mine.

No worries, feel free to leave them (or if you insist on removing them, then leave the links there like I did), they're nice :) I just hate quoting photos :D

jedimasterben

The only thing I love more than close ups of flowers, is close up of bugs on flowers.

Got any of those?

Not yet. Then again I haven't really been spending much time with the gerberas as I should be, need to go out and weed the flower boxes and trim all the dead leaves and spent blooms from the plants. Maybe I'll see some bugs on them :)

But I did find this video of a ladybug munching on aphids last week and it's kinda amazing.

Not yet. Then again I haven't really been spending much time with the gerberas as I should be, need to go out and weed the flower boxes and trim all the dead leaves and spent blooms from the plants. Maybe I'll see some bugs on them :)

But I did find this video of a ladybug munching on aphids last week and it's kinda amazing.

That reminds me a few years ago we bought like 2000 ladybugs to eat some sort of fungus in our back yard. Was so cool releasing them!

jedimasterben

A little darker when exported from Lightroom. Happens a lot, not sure if it's me just not setting something right, but probably is.

IMG_4210.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
jedimasterben

Thanks hype! I was surprised to see that flower on that gerbera plant, I just cleaned out the flower bed they're in last Tuesday and none of them had flowers, this particular one now has like six so I just had to snap one, figured with the new lens it was perfect timing :D

Thanks hype! I was surprised to see that flower on that gerbera plant, I just cleaned out the flower bed they're in last Tuesday and none of them had flowers, this particular one now has like six so I just had to snap one, figured with the new lens it was perfect timing :D

I think she knew the camera was on her because every petal is extended perfectly :happy:

Archived