Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Shallow 30g rimless cube. Battling green slime......

jinx

Crappy pic.. The best I can get of it with my camera, but this used to be a brown turd nub acro 5 months ago. No clue what it is specificly. Pic has been white corrected and is super close to true color. You can also see how faded my orange monti cap is from the move. Also present is some of the green slime I was talking about.... smh...

1919182_1083140695031857_916532207361157

• Like 1

Fixed the LED fixture that I picked up recently that was burnt up. I decided to use it for the sump instead of the frag tank for now. The whole system is now on LED :lol:. Just need to tweak the settings for it..

1918126_1083694648309795_183216676072419

• Like 3

Over kill much lol says the person hoping to snag a burnt up kessil 350 to fix and put over my mangroves in my sump. Looking good. Nice and clean.

Is that a clown goby living down there? Or did it hitch a lift in the overflow express?

• Like 1

The T5ho's were just about over aged for any good use coming from my 75g, so figured I'd just run this under there. It'll be way less hot down there now and I upgraded the fans on the light, so it's flowing muuuuch more air in there ;) The odyssea reflector is pretty useless to begin with...

Fixed the LED fixture that I picked up recently that was burnt up. I decided to use it for the sump instead of the frag tank for now. The whole system is now on LED :lol:. Just need to tweak the settings for it..

1918126_1083694648309795_183216676072419

Looks great one of the neatest sumps ive seen. How would you review that aquamaxx calcium reactor?

• Like 1

Looks great one of the neatest sumps ive seen. How would you review that aquamaxx calcium reactor?

8 out of 10. My only issue with it is the recirc pump which burned up after just under 6 months of use. It's a sicee syncra silent, however, aquamaxx butchered and glued non replaceable fittings to it and you can't get the replacement fittings without ordering a new pump from them with it preglued.

8 out of 10. My only issue with it is the recirc pump which burned up after just under 6 months of use. It's a sicee syncra silent, however, aquamaxx butchered and glued non replaceable fittings to it and you can't get the replacement fittings without ordering a new pump from them with it preglued.

Oh really that sucks.I wish they would have went with a more reliable pump such as an eheim...Especially considering the application.

Something I discovered, the tenuis that I thought for sure was going to die has started showing color and has PE again, but my new red planet is looking funky, while the original RP is coming back strong. <_< RP is a picky SOB in my hands for some reason.

chrisfronczek

Something I discovered, the tenuis that I thought for sure was going to die has started showing color and has PE again, but my new red planet is looking funky, while the original RP is coming back strong. <_< RP is a picky SOB in my hands for some reason.

Whenever one of my corals starts getting color back and doing well. Something else in the tank decides to fade. Never ending circle. Especially with zoas for me.

It's to be expected to see shock from swapping sps that we're in a mature system, to a fresh barely established one. It's gone better than I thought it would and some of the corals have taken off. The water being as shallow as it has a big effect on this. My orange monti is finally showing it's true color at the edges, though I'm not 100% sure that the main mass will ever be the same again.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

What I've noticed with the smart ato, is that any air bubble between the sensor and the optic lens, causes it to error. I'm going to get a neoprene washer and put it between them to try to get it air tight, and then see what happens. The pump is also super noisy when it kicks on.

• 1 month later...

Some bad news.. had some medical issues to deal with in the past month, and the tank suffered from a serious nitrate and alk spike without my undivided attention. So I've lost nearly all of my SPS to RTN and I'm pretty bummed about it.

Some bad news.. had some medical issues to deal with in the past month, and the tank suffered from a serious nitrate and alk spike without my undivided attention. So I've lost nearly all of my SPS to RTN and I'm pretty bummed about it.

Sorry to hear this .

Hopefully all is well health wise and you can make an epic comeback. The one positive is the fact that you know what caused your troubles, and it seems to be a fairly simple fix.

Best of luck in the recovery, I'll be following along.

• Like 2

I'm good! the tank is not :tears: While I'm not 100% sure what caused the alk spike, my speculation is the calrx.. though my cal 440 and mag 1380 are at the normal levels and dkh was at 14 where it should be around 9-10. However, I'm wondering if it was my RSCP salt. The nitrate is likely from my irregular feeding to make up for not being around enough to keep up with the normal. Going to keep doing small water changes over the next week and try to stabilize it. Not sure I'm going to run out and buy any replacement SPS until I know it's safe. My zoa's went crazy during this event and out of nowhere some kind of clove polyps started growing everywhere. I'm probably gonna go out and find a cheap Tridacna to help with the nitrate balancing in the small spectrum.. Not like I don't have the lights capable of keeping one happy. The nitrates was in the mid 20's... :o

Could well be the SPS slowed down growth wise as the nitrates climbed so they stopped using alk and caused that to build up in the system too.

I had a similar issue when my lighting controller failed and the tank had no light for 3 days. All the corals slowed down, but I had made the mistake of continuing to dose as normal and all my parameters went wonky. Some of my corals are still recovering.

Good luck with the recovery, it's heart breaking at the time but I'm sure you'll get there.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Pretty much a total loss for my sps... everything else is fine. The green slime is back in full force and I'm having trouble getting rid of it now. Need to take some time this week and do lots of maint. :closedeyes: also, my female maroon is obsessed with bothering the tridacna that I picked up, though I don't think it cares much.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Started removing the sand this morning slowly and still have some to go.. Stopped for the time being. I need to go pick up more salt and run some RO/DI as well before continuing. Hopefully this will kick the green slimes ass so it can't recover nearly as fast. I do intend to get some sand for the sump and increase it's depth down there to make up for some of the loss. I really haven't had a problem with the slime in the sump, maybe a few spots from time to time, but nothing like whats been going on in the display. No amount of siphoning and water changes have had any effect on it. Something is causing a serious nutrient spike, because I'm barely feeding my fish as it is. If this doesn't knock it, then I will believe the main rock is leaching crap, because flow is not a problem in my tank and there's very few "dead spots" in there. Not calling it quits and I'm not about to give in!!

This is where I'm at for the night. Added my fluval to help get it cleared up as fast as possible. I still have a lot of cleaning to do and some reorganizing left. I'll probably do another massive water change tomorrow when I go to finish cleaning the back wall up.

13102617_1159058777440048_21714416950332

• Like 2