inTank Media Baskets

Shallow 30g rimless cube. Battling green slime......

jinx

Test fitting the tank with the bulkheads in place. Also got the back of the tank painted. All that's left to do is finish painting the doors and await the sump to show up... Then the fun begins when I have to move the 75g setup for this to take it's place in my bedroom.

11707461_1057887537557173_61661882970001

• Like 1

Interesting overflow/return. I like that the return is hidden by the overflow box. Nice work.

I need to make a tray for the top to keep critters from going over with the smooth overflow. I still need to add a air valve to the durso and I will have to remove some of the height from it, once I start messing with it for adjustment. I haven't decided yet, but I think I'm going to do loc lines for the returns again like I did with my 35g.

wow.such.chris

I think I'm going to do loc lines for the returns again like I did with my 35g.

Loc line coming off from the sides of the overflow box? Why, so you can direct your return flow?

Correct. I'd be using a Y section on both sides. A side effect of me doing the returns the way I did is they are below the water line. I need to prevent them from siphoning the water past the returns. Plus I want the returns to be at the surface as well as below it. Part of the returns will be used to blow down on the sides of the overflow. Being centered like it is, those sides don't get enough movement to prevent crap from building up there. I'm going to be running dual Jebao RW-4's on this as well.

Started messing with the lower section of the plumbing. Most of it will be removable in case it needs servicing. I need to get it all sorted and then figure out how I'm going to brace it all. The line you see coming off of the Tee on the return is to feed my calcium reactor. It's currently setup to be fed by a small pump, that's changing with this build.

12196327_1058340870845173_39546761079523

Building the light hanger. Mind you this is only one of the 24" 120w full sprectrum LED fixtures going above it. Still need to raise the bar more and figure out how to bind both fixtures together.

12239611_1058356880843572_21948897068202

• Like 2

It'll be pretty stocked from the get go. I have a bunch of different monti's, acros, millies, zoas, mushrooms, fungia, ect from the 75g. I have more than enough LR... Going to do black sand in the display and I'll reuse some of the white from the 75 for the refugium to help keep everything happy as much as possible.

Black sand ay. I had black sand in a tropical and it looked good. But I like the brightness a white sandbed gives a reef.

I am still happy I went with black sand on the latest tank.