Innovative Marine Aquariums

Sun corals

Hammerstone

I didn't dip my Suns because I thought I shouldnt. Hopefully their fine. There are some bristleworm babies on the rock, from my tank I'm sure. I'm starting to like the idea of taking them out for a feed. It sounds easier and less waste, mess.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm going to have to feed the Suns outside of the tank. When the light dimmed down I saw my cowrie up there, a nassarius, and a bristleworm. I knocked all but the bristle off the Suns. Luckily the Suns had finished eating and there was just left overs hanging off the rock. PITA. My OCD still wants every head to eat but I usually miss about two. But if I fed them outside and put the food in and swish it I bet it would be faster and everyone, the Suns, would get food and my shaky hands wouldn't mess things up. Still feeding every night. I had to wake them up they were all still sleeping. Their still open now. Hopefully no one bothers them anymore. Even the clown fish wanted to get after the baster. I squirted some to them and kept feeding. Aaahhh!!!

They are looking a little better this morning. A lot are puffy. Not sunkin in. Every little bit counts!

Never mind, it was dark. They still don't look very good and one cup is showing some whit skeleton.

:-( Iam scared they are going to die. Some look sorta okay but there's a few that look worse.

It's pretty normal for them to be all sunken in and awful looking part of the time. They will take awhile to recover too but as long as your polyps are feeding they will regrow over. You can build a cup to put over them in the tank and add food to that, a lot of people do it so fish and inverts don't steal the food.

That's a good idea. I think I'd have to hold it in place so that it wouldn't crush the top polyps. The Suns are on a concave rock that I stuck on top of a spire type rock. Thank you ?

Something weird. My Cowrie keeps coming up to my Suns. First I knocked him off the rock. I caught him again to see what he's doing and he seems to be cleaning the bottom part of the LR and the corals look cleaner and not harmed in any way. Strange. But cool. He's my buddy.

I didn't know this was a stony coral!!! Those are to be avoided unless you are an expert aren't they? Well I'd do have babies popping up so that's a good sign and my clowns are very happy!!?

My corals have been looking better but this morning I found them face down in a pile of shells. I know it had to have been my Cowrie because he's heavy. Hopefully their okay. They've been already producing babies and looking better!! I'm getting faster at feeding them too. Every commercial I re feed if they are asking for more. They are opening up a lot more and showing their flowers.

Archived