ReefCleaners.org

Whats even compatible at this point....

Dreichler

So i have a JBJ 45 reef... Stopped buying corals as i basically ran out of room now lol, so i thought lemme get some nice fish, i currently have a picasso clown pair, female being about 2.5 inches, and the male being 1-1.5 inches, a mandarin dragonette, and recently bought a 2 juvenile maroon clowns, about .075-1 inch each, hoping they'll pair... The maroons are currently in a small hang-on quarantine tank until i see no aggression towards them by the picasso, and one has hosted to the BTA i put in with them... But what is even a compatible fish at this point, one thats colorful and reef safe....

I really like the Ora stripped blennys! Super cool fish that nobody really picks on since they have those venomous fangs. Also you could try a royal Gramma or even a wrasse of some kind. Maybe a flasher wrasse or a possum. I'd shy away from bigger wrasses like the coris or melenarus wrasse. Mine do ok but are in a 70. I'd be worried about aggression in a 45. Plus they are know to eat clean up crews like mine does. Also stay away from 6-lines they are jerks!! You could also try a firefish. I've always liked those. Even a Bangaii Cardinal can be cool. They don't move much but look super cool. You could also try a shrimp goby pair as well. And good call on removing the maroons. That was a receipt for disaster!

ok im gonna get rid of the maroons then, but what are some of the nicest reef safe fish in your opinion that wouldn't get mauled by my picassos

A wrasse!!!!

There are super beautiful wrasses out there... Look up spotted wrasses and leopard wrasse.

(Do your research on them first, I just have a yellow wrasse)

The clowns will more likely be aggressive toward other clowns and damsels but will probably leave a lot of other fish alone as long as you're careful not to overstock. A crowded tank will make even the most docile fish act aggressive (and some overly submissive until it's killed).

Some wrasses make excellent reef fish though so I would check those out, you could also do a dwarf angel too, though they can sometimes develop a taste for corals so it's a good idea to have a lot of foraging areas with sponges, palatable algaes, and plenty of feeding.

Basslets are cool, cardinal fish, etc...

Just do your research I suppose - take some time after you've narrowed down your list to mull it over and consider cost, ease of care, and any other factors.

The clowns will more likely be aggressive toward other clowns and damsels but will probably leave a lot of other fish alone as long as you're careful not to overstock. A crowded tank will make even the most docile fish act aggressive (and some overly submissive until it's killed).

Some wrasses make excellent reef fish though so I would check those out, you could also do a dwarf angel too, though they can sometimes develop a taste for corals so it's a good idea to have a lot of foraging areas with sponges, palatable algaes, and plenty of feeding.

Basslets are cool, cardinal fish, etc...

Just do your research I suppose - take some time after you've narrowed down your list to mull it over and consider cost, ease of care, and any other factors.

would i be perfectly fine with my 2 picassos, a mandarin, a blue hippo tang, and a yellow tang?

righttirefire

Lol... maybe a killer whale too?

2015-06-21-09-39-59--249456945_zps5xgi65

Just be sure the clowns are as big as you want them before you start dosing this... Marine Depot had it it back in april

To tranate that last post no. The smallest bristle tooth tangs should have a minimum of 70 gallons. Mine is in a 70 and I'll prolly still get him something bigger in the future.

would i be perfectly fine with my 2 picassos, a mandarin, a blue hippo tang, and a yellow tang?

This thread has officially gone troll - just ignore. Forget you even read the above.

Archived