ReefCleaners.org

Jumping right in - the two gallon rimless pico

SmokedEel

I tried to do a tank with only a refugium for filtration and it did not work out very well. I think you would see much better results with carbon.

I see, welp, time to search amazon for these things. Having amazon student prime is the best. :D

On another note, finally got that astrea, and bought myself a new coral! A Ricordea Florida, excited to see how it grows. Going to wait a while before I take any pictures though. Ricordea has shrunk a tad bit after I plopped it in, but looks like it's recovering now. Ordered a hydro theo 25W heater as well since I wanted to raise temperatures a tad bit. Needed to do that before Winter arrives.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys! Been a long time since I've last updated on my tank. Been really busy the past few weeks trying to complete my coding assignments. Thought they did pretty well! Managed to get some good marks on my developing. Pretty happy about that. Found some time today to whip out the camera and try and take some shots. It did pretty well.

Having said that, I realized that I can adjust the lighting in my tank to make it look alot less blue than it previously did temporarily so I can take some decent shots.

Here's a shot of the tank up close. Added a heater and there's a magnet scrubber in the top right to help with algae cleaning.

BmXLnTj.jpg

Thought I'd also take a shot of my view of my desk from farther away:

N3IfKzI.jpg

Things are going pretty swell with the corals and inhabitants so far. Been spot feeding the Ricordea every now and then so it has its own food source. The hermit's been avoiding the astrea so far so I'm happy with that.

Couple of shots with the ricordea and hermit:

D9gaH2i.jpg

WnkZXVl.jpg

Picked up both corals so far from the same place. This place called Tiki Corals near where I live actually has fantastic stock. The corals are amazing to look at, but I wish I had more money hahaha.

Here's a couple of shots of their displays:

6uS4mI6.jpg

ji8BOQe.jpg

I haven't made a trip in a while and I'm curious on what I should get for corals next? Zoanthids are a nice touch, same with candy cane corals, but I'm indecisive. Any suggestions? :D

Maybe some acans? Or maybe a small frogspawn? You can never go wrong with zoanthids and candy canes either like you mentioned. :) Look forward to your next addition.

Archived