inTank Media Baskets

Just picked up a JBJ Cubey 3Gal

tennisjad3

Just picked one of these up. I plan on running it with just some palys/zoas and acans. Also possibly a small fish and some sexy shrimp.

In order to support these corals will I need to do any upgrades? I browsed through a few 3 gallon threads and couldn't find any Cubey builds sadly!

Thank you, really looking forward to going forward with this tank. I have my 30 gallon reef running and have been dying to get my hands into a smaller tank where I could really see everything up close!

My Cubey just recently upgraded to Fluval Spec V but this build thread has goodies

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/345100-kats-tea-party-under-the-tree/

Here is a review I did for Marine Depot

http://goo.gl/aKCcEm

It includes upgrades.

This will keep me busy haha, thank you! I'm slowly reading through your build thread, but referring to page 4 you said the overflow on the new cubey if fixed and doesn't need any modifications correct?

Also how'd you attached the ecoPico strips/would you recommend getting them?

This will keep me busy haha, thank you! I'm slowly reading through your build thread, but referring to page 4 you said the overflow on the new cubey if fixed and doesn't need any modifications correct?

Also how'd you attached the ecoPico strips/would you recommend getting them?

the overflow keeps the water level a little low IMO, so if you take a piece of black plastic like a credit card cut to size, you can glue it to raise the water level

the overflow keeps the water level a little low IMO, so if you take a piece of black plastic like a credit card cut to size, you can glue it to raise the water level

That's easy enough. I got the tank as is with some live rock and a clownfish. Unfortunately, the tank is filthy.

I did a gallon water change and managed to clean out most of the muck. In a tank so small would I be able to do another gallon water change tomorrow as well, or should I wait a few days? I've heard smaller tanks are more delicate in terms of water parameters. They guy said it's been up and running for around 8 months if that matters.

I used to do near 80-90% changes.

Oh man, that little clownfish is going to be in heaven tomorrow. I'll post a nice picture, I went through your whole thread and hope to have an amazing tank like yours in a few days. I actually have a stock fluval 5 I was going to use and was browsing lights, but then I found this as is Cubey and decided to run with it!

Archived